Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheel Widening Near Portland?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by earlymopar, Jan 27, 2014.

1. earlymopar

earlymopar

Hey fellas:

I'm looking for a shop to cut and widen some steel wheels. The shop I used for decades in Portland (Willamette Wheel) closed several years ago and I'm not sure where to go now. Thanks for your suggestions. I'm not adverse to shipping them somewhere but I'd prefer that it not be too far.

- EM
    <input id="mac_address" value="" type="hidden"><input id="mac_address" value="" type="hidden"><input id="mac_address" value="" type="hidden">

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Might contact Gilbertson Machine. I know Lonnie does aluminum, and maybe he could at least point you towards someone who still does steel locally. I heard the guy who owned Willamette wheel still has most the equipment at his home after he closed up, but not heard of him doing any work still.

3. 63 Avanti 3137

63 Avanti 3137

I tried to find someone to make a 5 x 4.75 reversed rim with 1.75 backset for several months before the season survival time this last year... No way no where near here.
    I was told Early Wheels Co out of Moro Bay could make them but they were unable to find Hoops/Rims to work with. I gave up and took a break from looking but they may have the supply line back open.

good luck with it and please post if you find satisfaction.

4. earlymopar

earlymopar

Thanks fellas. I'll follow-up on your leads. I always felt Willamette was a neat little operation and now that they're gone, even more so! It was so nice to drive a few miles, drop off your wheels and get them in a couple of days for a few bucks per wheel.

- EM
    <input id="mac_address" value="" type="hidden">

5. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

WheelKid(Rally America) who is a member here on the HAMB board does them I believe you can send him a PM

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd also say to get in touch with Lonnie Gilbertson. If he can't do it he will know who can do it right.