Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest I'm devastated. Bad bad news.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rickybop, Jan 16, 2014.

1. 21stud

21stud
    from California

Prayers go out all over. Hang in there. One day at a time.

2. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't push yourself to go through things to quickly. It's better to do it when your head isn't in a fog. One of the hardest things I have ever done in my life was go though my mom's mobile home and personal belongings when she passed. I should have given myself more time.

3. J2

J2

I choke up just reading about the two of you. That's something special you shared together. Make her proud and carry on...

4. oldgrease

oldgrease
    from Alabama

sorry for your loss, my wife and i will be praying for you and keep you in our thoughts. we are all brothers in the quest to build cool rides

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. ^^I want to jump in here and ask any of you that feel moved to do so, to please make a small donation, if you can, or bid in the auction. Rick is pretty much on his own with all this and I can't think of a greater gift than having the HAMB brotherhood step up to help one of our own in a difficult time and provide a nice marker for Rick's beloved Sandy. Thanks to those who have already contributed. You make me proud.

6. al8apex

al8apex

I lost my wife to breast cancer in July of 2011 and am still dealing with the hollow feeling left, we were married for 23 years ...

I know your pain and heartache, please feel free to pm me if you need a shoulder ...

7. sorry... my prayers are with your, remember absent from the body present with the Lord, stay strong, remember the love you still have for one another, true love never dies

8. 1great40

1great40
    from Walpole MA

I have prayed for your comforting and a sense of peace that only His love can bring.

9. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thoughts and Prayers.

10. Hop2it

Hop2it

Ricky,my heart goes out for you my best friend of 40years and wife of 37 years passed away 7 years ago august 29.without God,my church family,family and my 2 goldens I wouldn't have made it.now I rely on memory's with her in my heart and knowing we will meet in heaven someday.God bless I will be praying for you.Doug

11. Rick, Thanks for sharing Sandy with all of us. Just remember God wouldn't put you thew anything you couldn't handle. God bless

12. Hi Rick,
    Such a marvelous write up & story. My story parrallels your so closely. I had a tough time reading yours, my keyboard is all wet. That's OK, we have to have a "good cry" every so often. You'll find out that it helps you to cope.
    As a sort of spin off of your site here I have changed my avitar to a pic of my wife that I lost last yr. I feel it is a small way that I can honor her for all she did for me and our family. :)

I invite anyone else in the same situation to do the same if they would like to honor their spouse in this way.
    God Bless, :)
    Wes

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  13. camerl2009

camerl2009

sorry for your loss

14. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Rick, you are a lucky man to have gotten to enjoy all those wonderful experiences with a beautiful woman that you adore. I am terribly sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing the anecdotes about your wife. I read them all with a smile. Godspeed, friend.

15. Bob181

Bob181

I too am sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers for you both.

16. Thoughts and prayers from Montana

17. yruhot

yruhot

Sorry for your loss, lost my first wife and she was only like 26 years old. Theres really nothing most anyone can say to give you comfort at this time. It will take time. Don't get remarried on the rebound like I did. Give your self time to grieve. My thought and prayers will be with you. yruhot.doug

18. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

19. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Can't imagine what your going thru, so sorry for your loss.

20. midget1939

midget1939

May her memory be eternal

21. mrskeet

mrskeet

So sorry for your loss. I know the feeling, I had been married 44 years when my wife in apparent good health died suddenly.. By your description your wife and mine must have come from the same mold. Their main beauty came from within their heart and soul. Hang in there, rely on friends and family for support, always remember the good times. Carry on as best you can. I'm sure your wife would want it that way.

22. So sorry to hear sorry about your loss. Prayers go out to you. Easy for me to say but try to stay strong.

23. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I just found your post....I cannot believe what I read here....I am so sorry, you were so much help when I was having a hard time, I just dont know what to say to you....you and Sandy are in our prayers...if you need anything you know you can count on me..just drop me a line...I am so very sorry for your loss my good friend.. Jim

24. 26Troadster

26Troadster

you are in our prayers. i just found this thread, if something happen to my wife (30 years) i would be a basket case. i just hope each day gets a little easier for you, peace be with you.

25. jkherd

jkherd

I lost my wife suddenly four years ago, it may not seem like it now but you will get through it. You have many friends here if you need to talk.

26. its truly terrible to hear about this, my deepest condolences. but this is no means to an end, if she was still with us, she would want you to be strong, and keep doing the things you love, for her.

27. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I am so sorry for you and the rest of your family and friends. I cannot imagine anything worse, compounded by the fact it was unexpected.

28. GaryN

GaryN

Hello Rick, I'm very sorry for your loss. I too lost my wife of 35 years in 2007. It was also sudden with no chance to say good bye. Reaching out to your family and friends at this time is good. Time will pass and the pain will subside. I found a support group that helped. Talking to others who know your pain is good.

29. Cecil

Cecil

I'm so sorry .... I just went thru the same thing in Oct. with my wife of forty years. I still can't belive it. It will help you if you can talk to as many people as you can.I know you just feel lost and I still don't know what to do.It's the toughest thing that I've ever been thru. Got Bless you. Cecil in Dayton Ohio

30. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

My heart sank when I red your post. I can't imagine your pain...

You are in my prayers ..