Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help with a fuel pump

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big creep, Jan 24, 2014.

1. big creep

big creep

Hello gals and guys I've been helping my girlfriends dad by getting his 54 olds back on the road, the only trouble I've had is rebuilding the double action fuel pump. I took pictures of it as I took it apart, just to make sure I get the check valves go in the same way.

The new kit comes with gaskets for the valves, I'm assuming that they go in before the valve gets pressed in?

I've looked and looked for an assembly guide on line but I can't find one. And no I don't have a service book for this model either. Any help would be appreciated.

This is a 54 olds 98 318 I believe? It's been sitting for 12 years and I'm gonna get it running for him. So far I've rebuild the carb, new fuel pickup, cleaned the fuel tank, radiator, new stat, and new plugs, points and cond. just need a little help on this pump....... Thanks in advance!

2. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Bump for the later crowd.

3. big creep

big creep

Thanks man. We'll if nobody knows I'm just gonna put it together tomorrow after the show. I think I'm right? But we will find out tomorrow. If anyone knows please fill me in. Thanks again.

4. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

You sound like you know what you're doing, so I'm guessing you'll get it right.

Good luck.

5. There's a old manuals on line resource.
    A whole boat load of old FSM scanned in.
    A Few threads about it here with links.

6. 24riverview

24riverview

Best I could do is 1958, compare to yours but I doubt if there is a big difference.

Attached Files:

7. big creep

big creep

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! 24 riverview!