Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage heaters...pix pls?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rat bastad, Feb 18, 2004.

1. oldlites4u

oldlites4u
    from GA.

we are looking for a few heaters ??
    any for sale ,brand not important ???

please contact me at 678 687 6866:)
    ([email protected])

2. Hip2bsquare

Hip2bsquare
    from Gilbert,AZ

Here is another we are turning into speaker box... punched louvers in the side to let the tunes out!!

Attached Files:

3. 2-TONED

2-TONED

could it be model #21 -- ? it reads chrysler model 21 on the back, dosent look like a 7 --??
    it works so good i decided to give the heater a resto & i re-routed the water inlet & a mounting bracket, since i was painting my firewall anyway.
    ready for paint & the hardware is all polished ill post pics when done.

ANYMORE heaters out there?

4. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

Original authorized dealer accessory hot water heater in my '40 Tudor Standard Sedan--works good, too.

Attached Files:

5. plmczy

plmczy

Well dang maybe it is 21. I don't know why I thought it was 27. I just looked at the one that came with my car and I couldn't see the model number and I have the others put away. I'd be interested to see your pics of it finished. Just curious why did you reroute the water inlet and mounting bracket? later shawn

6. 2-TONED

2-TONED

Plmczy, the inlets were as far apart as could be (opposite corners). i now have them coming out through the firewall together one on top of the other on lower outside corner.
    one mounting bracket (bolt) came out on my firewall rib so i lowered that bracket a little. i have it sealed hanging up just undecided on color. --- pearl white to match my seat & steering wheel with some pinstripes? maybe gold like my engine?

there are some 'nifty lookin heaters out there!
    this one was in the truck when i bought it (been in there for years) i kinda like the looks of it & it heats great. the variable speed switch still works & im still running 12v through it. ------- do i need a reducer?

7. plmczy

plmczy

I guess your supposed to run a voltage reducer. I had posted a question about it in this thread about how to do it with an original switch. I read about someone using a 12 volt blower motor out of a mopar mini van. I also thought about looking into the motor being switched over to 12 volt, not sure what I'm planning on. Your choice of colors is going to be the same as mine with the exception of the gold, mine will be blue.

8. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

9. Coolcruzin

Coolcruzin

Oldairproducts has heater valves and cables. Also a new electronic bypass heater valve that cuts off both sides and returns the water to the engine.
    www.oldairproducts.com

10. Coolcruzin

Coolcruzin

Whenever possible use the bottom fitting as the inlet and push the water up thru the coil. It slowes it down for better heat transfer.

11. Coolcruzin

Coolcruzin

12. Coolcruzin

Coolcruzin

I am workin on the design of a round Deco Heater. Can you send me some photos of the motor mounting, and firewall mounting of some of the round heaters?
    Darrow

13. 36 ram

36 ram

This is what came with my 1936 dodge truck, can anyone id it? I need two (2) vent doors they are missing. But it works!

Attached Files:

14. jrodmc

jrodmc

what's the brand on that heater?

15. 36 ram

36 ram

Not sure, I glass beaded the shell and the firewall backing plate and there wasn't any manufacture stamps or logo? I also checked the core, nothing.

16. 12 volt fan motors are everywhere an dirt cheap. Just get one out of an old computer tower.

17. jimbousman

jimbousman

Here's mine. It's only 6" wide so it's nice and small. It came from a mid twenties something. It's Going in my "A" coupe.

Attached Files:

18. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Here is a original factory 1937 Nash Heater.

Attached Files:

19. 117harv

117harv

Here are a couple, the left one in the first pic is a Firestone and has a window defrost for those rainy or cool days, the other is a Chicago. Both have flaps to direct heat right and left instead of straight out which is a better design imo. The Chicagos face plate spins too, to change air flow direction.

Attached Files:

20. LowA100

LowA100

1942 Tropic Aire w/12 volt motor added

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  21. johnnymac1

johnnymac1

Here's my Chrysler m model 21 I'm cleaning up and putting in my 32 pickup. Really nice shape, I am looking at 12 volt motors so I can up date it, really clean and straight, gonna paint it hammered finish, Not sure of era, I was told it may have been from a 1940's Desoto, I just like the looks of it. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

22. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

I'm always on the fence with heaters but the NW gets pretty chilly at times especially in an open roadster. JohnnyA

I bought this from a restorer with a keen eye for the cool. It's a "Redhead" which I hadn't heard of until I found this one. The little knob to the right opens and closes slats reminiscent of a pines winterfront. Super Art Deco vibe...kinda architectural almost.

[​IMG]

It's even got an offshoot for a defrost which is a huge plus...this one might find its way into my coupe.
    [​IMG]

My buddy picked this one up at the last swap. I love the little winged emblem on the bottom...might havta talk him out of it...

[​IMG]

23. johnnymac1

johnnymac1

I'm on a new hunt now, I'll lay off the old Holley glass bowl carbs and start looking for more old heaters, they are the new adventure.

24. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The spiral wrapped hose for ducting sold by virtually every auto parts store in various sizes and some is sold by the foot.

25. I used a Vintage Air Heater and disguised it with a swap meet cover.
    Works very good with doors to direct the heat.

Attached Files:

26. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Love the little Red Head heaters - I re-did one and updated it - it would burn you out of my little '36 Pickup cab in about five minutes...even on low.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345518

27. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Nice! Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen another yet! Yours turned out great. I think I'm gonna chrome the entire thing cause it's goin in a fifties build...might be a bit over the top, we'll see. JohnnyA

28. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

I pulled this one out a '50 International about two years ago. it's dated May 8, 1950 and is for sale.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. kopperkart

kopperkart
    from Wisconsin

30. Using a '38 Olds (Harrison) box on my current Model A build [​IMG]

FlatJan likes this.