Register now to get rid of these ads!

astro supreme what brand is good

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ikoolmarz, Dec 22, 2010.

1. mr crocket

mr crocket

X2 on seeing more of this boat.Would not mind having that trailer too.Post more on that boat on the "Vintage boats whose got em" thread

2. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I don't know if they're available in aluminum, but I'd sure think about that if I were you. I had a set of these and they were a bitch to keep from rusting--and that was without driving them into the lake.

on the other had, if you're just showing it ignore my comment

3. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

I have some u.s. wheels supremes series 48 I got from summit around 7 years ago, they still look like new today with excellent chrome and no flaws, 2 years ago at the sacramento autorama a vender was advertising set of 4 u.s. wheel supremes series 48 for the price of $500. so I questioned him are they new and not 2nds, was assured they were not 2nds and they would be inspected before shipped, we bought 2 sets $1,000. when they arrived they were in unmarked boxes, they had burn marks on the front spokes from the welding on the back. chrome was terrible, called them up that day and they said they did inspect them and to send photos to them or bring them back, told them look at my invoice and see im in northern calif, so they said to ship them back, I told them forget it, no doubt these were direct shipped from some manufacture and the vender never looked at this wheels, i have posted this information here on the hamb before with venders name, i still have the invoice somewhere.

4. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

forgot to mention my friend who seen these wheels went to summit last summer to buy a set of series 48 u.s. wheel supremes asked to see one and when the guy brought one out he said they were the exact same crappy wheels i had bought at the autorama, so becareful anywhere you buy them, im guessing the cragar or true spoke ones are a better quality, im wondering where these crappy ones are coming from and why would reputatable venders be selling them as "new" i just bought another set of brand new in the box A.W.C brand (allied wheel company) supremes date coded early 2000's. they have gussets on the spokes and the chrome is very nice quality. not sure if awc is still making them,

5. Landmine 55

Landmine 55
    from So.Cal

Has anyone ran the true spoke supreme wheels? I've heard a lot of negative things about the one's from summit about bending and the quality of the product appearance

6. gangster36

gangster36
    from houston

Are you still selling the rev supremes wheels