Register now to get rid of these ads!

not another buick!1947 fastback

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rat pink, Oct 21, 2009.

1. rat pink

rat pink
    BANNED

dont know much about them but were building one now!
    i need some tip and tech on the fireball motors
    if you ever had one or know the car well im open to be schooled!
    thanks buick nuts

Attached Files:

2. silentpoet

silentpoet
    from NWA

Awesome, I would love to have one.

Only real tip I can give is the website: http://www.teambuick.com/ lots of info there about old buicks.

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

4. I have two, a 48 roadmaster and a 47 super. I got rid of the 320 inch motor and regret it never had the urge to build the small one

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The Sedanette is the preferable body style for a nice custom or rod, so enjoy a good build and the "miles of smiles" after that.

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice. That's the 'big body' same as the Caddy model 62 I think. Looking at the rear windows and all, I can't say with total confidence the model you have there. A restored Roadmaster just sold in Aug of this year for nearly $60K, same year, same body. As far as the motor goes, compression, intake and exhaust work, maybe a cam (they were hotrod choices for some way back) and you'll have a low RPM torquey mutha on yer hands. Don Garlits told me that someone out west back inthe day made the big Buicks something to fear. Flatheads didn't stand a chance. I don't know how far back he was talkin.

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Hey reitredcarguy, your car hurts my eyes, it really does not belong here, it is pretty much everything the HAMB is not.

8. white64

white64
    from Maine

uh oh.... '47 buick customs aren't allowed?

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Look at the thing, there is nothing traditional about that thing. It's not that it's not a custom, it's that it's not traditional.

10. williebill

williebill

I appreciate the work and profile of retiredcarguy's Buick, but the wheels, headlights, and paint, not so much. To each their own, but....

11. retiredcarguy

retiredcarguy

This Buick was done in 1991 by Larry Kramer, (The King of the Mercs). It has about 3000 hours of work in it. Would you have been happier if I put a few pictures of the car when I bought it with the right side all smashed up? I saw other Buicks, maybe not radical customs. You can't please everybody and obviously nobody can please you. Where are pictures of your car?

12. williebill

williebill

Should have recognized Kramer's car, but I remember it from a KKOA show back then when it was a light teal, maybe?
    Like I said, I like the profile, obviously it's a radical custom, and it made a helluva impression on me the first time I saw it in real life.
    Didn't mean to offend, and I shouldn't have posted my opinion on the lights, etc.
    Kramer built some radical cars, loved his chopped and sectioned Merc.

13. sololobo

sololobo

love these cars, best o luck. ~sololobo~

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It doesn't really matter who built it or how many hours they spent on it. This board is for "traditional hot rods and customs", and by that we expect to see cars as they were 1965 and earlier. That car does not fit the bill.

15. papawlambert

papawlambert
    from poetry,tx

Zguy,
    I guess with your post count that you are the end all see all. I'm new, but thought this forum was about guys and gals and their different cars. I think "you" would be much better off keeping your mouth shut on things you do not like and give a good old pat on the back to people that you agree with.

16. LOL, You dont get it either. And look at me ... my post count is pretty low :)

Sorry to step on your post rat pink ... carry on =)

17. "The HAMB is dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums world wide. That’s right – TRADITIONAL. If you've come here to discuss anything other than Hot Rods or Customs built in a style representative of 1965 or before, you've come to the wrong forum."
    Quote from Ryan
    I believe "you" would be better off keeping your yap shut and read the rules of the forum, rather than making them up yourself
    Why are we commenting on a six year old thread, started by a banned member, anyway

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  18. LOL, dammit, I told myself I would never get pulled into one of those old threads. Must pay better attention :D

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Good question, dude decided to post a picture of that thing that I am sad is a Buick. But good thing is it can be fixed in whole lot less than 3000 hours. :D

20. Kinky6

Kinky6

Hey, Z,

Lighten up on the guy, at least the grille is traditional, well, o.k., maybe in another context or something, but, yeah, from the front lip of the hood on back, ain't nothin' trad.' goin' on there. 'Specially not them headlights. :rolleyes:

To retiredguy: the point is, no matter how much time or effort was put into your car, it just doesn't fit into the HAMB's definition of traditional. Not even worth any further debate. If you're happy with your car, enjoy it; this just ain't the place for it.

K6 :cool:

21. retiredcarguy

retiredcarguy

Thanks for the comment. Woe is me for showing my Buick. At least it woke a few guys up enough to bitch about it. I'll know next time that traditional is all that is wanted here.

22. retiredcarguy

retiredcarguy

Hi. Little I knew that it would cause such a controversy so I pulled the picture. It's a custom, it's certainly not traditional, it's one of a kind, and I didn't realize it isn't welcome on these posts. Is the entire H.A.M.B. web site the same narrow focus? Why then is Larry Kramer, the talented guy who built many radical one of a kind customs welcome on these pages and me and my car which was originally built by Larry not welcome? Like I said, I pulled the pictures and if I'm not welcome on these TRADITIONAL pages, I'll just back out and let you guys bitch at someone else.

23. retiredcarguy

retiredcarguy

By the way, I did have a traditional 1947 Buick for twelve years and I'm posting a picture of it. Maybe it will make some of you winers a little bit happier. I can't ever remember posting a negative comment on anybody's car, no matter how sad or ugly it was. I originally talked to Larry and he told me what a great web site this is. For me, not so much.

Attached Files:

24. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It is indeed all the same narrow focus.

You should have Read This First! when you signed up.

"The HAMB is dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and kustoms to hoodlums world wide. That’s right – TRADITIONAL. If you've come here to discuss anything other than Hot Rods or Customs built in a style representative of 1965 or before, you've come to the wrong forum."

25. southerncad

southerncad

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......Let it go !!!!!!!!!

26. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I just answered his question. :p

27. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Meanwhile back at the original post.... Nice cars! Are they are Roadmasters or Supers?

I have a Sedan, Sedanette, and a Convertible (Supers) all waiting their turn. I will most likely restore them but I starting to get swayed! Beautiful lines. Just drips class. There is a small book (re-print) available that deals with staight six Chevy and straight eight Buick engines and improved performance. Can't recall the name/author but if someone else doesn't mention it I'll search my library and let you know. I may PM you for one or two small parts that I'm missing. Good luck!

28. Again,
    THE ORIGINAL POST WAS SIX YEARS AGO AND THE ORIGINAL POSTER HAS BEEN BANNED!!!!!!!!
    You will not get an answer to your questions.
    Next.:rolleyes:

29. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Bugger... screwed by the fine print again! (date):eek: