Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from AZ

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 4th gen merc, Jan 18, 2014.

1. 4th gen merc

4th gen merc
    from az

New guy in here from Ajo AZ I have a 63 Mercury Monterey 4 door. This was bought brand new by my great grandfather and passed down through the family and I finally got my hands on it. It has 85k original miles on it and is completely original except for wheels and duals, and it will stay MOSTLY original.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. crazy_tonguezz

crazy_tonguezz
    from glendale

love it. cant wait till mine is back on the roads

3. 4th gen merc

4th gen merc
    from az

Its a cruiser for sure. I need to find some small parts like taillight lenses, breezeway window switch and stuff like that, but haven't had any luck.

4. crazy_tonguezz

crazy_tonguezz
    from glendale

i have a breezway window switch. i acutally just posted one on ebay .They are hard to get now adays. tail lights are repoped now if you arent a stickler for oem. check Macautoparts and classicautoparts . com

5. 4th gen merc

4th gen merc
    from az

nah i dont mind at all but the only repop ones i can find are the backup lenses. there was a 63 marauder i saw on here it was white with red scallops and i was diggin the lenses he had on that one,but cant find anything.

6. welcome to the show ....

7. crazy_tonguezz

crazy_tonguezz
    from glendale

There are few awesome guys here that have 63 and 64 Monterey's ,marauders montclairs Parklanes

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. 4th gen merc

4th gen merc
    from az

I think the guy I'm talking about had a 63 2dr Monterey also. Both beautiful cars. If I remember right he sold both of them.

9. jesse1980

jesse1980

10. pro-street uni-body

pro-street uni-body
    from las vegas

Nice car

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. 4th gen merc

4th gen merc
    from az

Thanks everyone it will be done up slowly but surely going mostly og with this one, but it will be a different story when I get my hands on my dads 64 galaxie 500 xl.

12. welcome to the show

13. rprice76

rprice76
    from Palominas

Welcome! They are GREAT cars - wish I could get mine on the road - life has intercepted my plans for now. Look forward to seeing more of your car!

14. 4th gen merc

4th gen merc
    from az

Thanks soon I will be able to do some more work on it. Got a new baby coming any day now so I work on it when I can. I plan on lowering it a few inches here pretty soon and I want to at least get some primer on it for right now. Ive been helping my dad more on his galaxie. We have to pull the trans and have it rebuilt. We may just end up throwing a c6 in there for the time being.

15. 4th gen merc

4th gen merc
    from az

Haven't been on in a while but have done a LITTLE bit on the merc. Lowered the ass 3 inches. Will be lowering the front soon but not sure if I should use the aerostar coils or cut the stock ones. Any suggestions anyone?