Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where does this part go? Need a 1954 Chevy expert's help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryleej3, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Ryleej3

Ryleej3
    from Washington

I completely disassembled my 1954 Chevy Bel Air with Powerglide transmission. When I got the car it was very stock. I painted the car and did a bunch of work and started to put everything back together. When I took the car apart I did a fair job of labeling all the parts so I could put them back. I've run into one part I can't figure out where it goes (see attached pic). I've tried paging through the Chevy shop manuals, catalogs, etc but I can't figure it out.

Can anyone help me figure out where this part goes? I think it might have been part of the Powerglide but not sure.

Thanks in advance!

Fyi...This is one of the last parts I need to install. Car's painted, interior done, suspension done, engine/transmission almost ready to drop in.

Attached Files:

2. BELLM

BELLM

Looks like a carburetor dashpot.

3. It's a dashpot, keeps the throttle linkage fron going to idle so fast that the engine stalls. probably goes under one of the carb mount bolts where a stop on your throttle will rest on the screw at idle,

4. squirrel

squirrel

5. Ryleej3

Ryleej3
    from Washington

yep. That looks right. You folks saved the day yet again. As always, I am grateful for the help.