Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage CAVALCADE of CUSTOMS CINCINNATI OHIO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldsjoe, Jan 11, 2014.

1. .

Great pics.

I had a great time hanging in Cincy last weekend. Josh did a hell of a job putting together a great bunch of cars for Survivor's Alley.

Met lots of cool people too.

2. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

3. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Thanks for the kind words, and this post. I didn't get to walk around the show at all.. This year was busier than most. I took on even more tasks this year,, a lot of behind the scenes things that needed attention.

It really makes my day to have people, and old timers stop and tell me "I quit coming to this show cause it was crap.. then, you started this here Survivors Alley and I don't miss it now!" That tells me I'm doing my job!

Thanks!

J Shaw

4. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Mike... Please visit the show next year. You WILL NOT be disappointed. A lot has changed. New boss men running things, but most important is the SURVIVORS ALLEY area they have givin' me FREE RUN of... Every year I get dozens of people telling me "I quit coming to this show, now I come down and just hang out in this corner!"

They give me 35 spots on a floor map.. and I cram 75-80 of the BADDEST period correct traditional Hot Rods, and vintage race cars from all over the country. Oklahoma, Detroit, Indy, Tenn, Illinois, and Penn. just to name a few places car came from THIS YEAR.

You'll see...

Thanks!

J Shaw

5. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

THANKS! Glad you enjoyed the show and the VERY AMATEUR pics!

6. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

WOW!! Those 2 old Corvettes are kickass...

7. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Thanks Josh! The survivor alley was OUTSTANDING! I know it's "A LOT" of work for you and your help! Everyone I know that went to the show was awestruck with all the cool rides you were able to assemble there! Keep up the great work see ya around town!

8. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great show Josh. All your hard work did not go unnoticed!

9. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

THANKS for the compliment on the pics!
    The show keeps getting better with all the hard work Josh is putting down for sure!

10. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

AMEN! to that! I know he had to work his tail off! Never mind all the other stuff he's got goin on!!

11. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Thanks for all the pictures, but especially the shots of my old roadsters. I've been to shows all over the country, and this one rates right at the top. The best part was the people. I was lucky enough to meet some of what I now consider my life long friends.

Thanks to Josh & Dan Shaw for the invite and hospitality. Thanks Mike Whitney for the garage tours he took us on Sunday. We had a blast and really enjoyed meeting everyone. Can't wait til Detroit to see everybody again.

Here are a few shots I took over the weekend. Some are not show pictures, but cool all the same.

Attached Files:

12. Ebert

Ebert

Josh, another great show and Survivor's Alley! On my bucket list! Please give my best to your pops...Eric

13. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Looks like you had an EXTRA special time with the garage tours! How did you catch Dan actually working on a Sunday!? Very coo pictures thanks for posting them up!

14. Branded

Branded

Josh ... I'm another that quit coming to the show every year. It got to where you seen the same cars or so they seemed anyways. The show has taken a turn for the better and I'm liken it. Keep doing what your doing.

15. hey josh a bunch of us was talking it would be cool if they would give you the whole ball room up stairs....u think that could ever happen...you could fill it no prob....and that would bring even more people out to the show....

16. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

thanks for the pic .

17. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Just to be clear I am not Josh. That being said Joshua Shaw is a member here on the H.A.M.B. and did the work to put together the survivor alley at the Cavalcade of customs. My original post was just some pictures of the event.
    I'm just posting this so that nobody confuses me with Josh he deserves any and all credit of putting together that part of the show.

18. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Thanks for the kind words everyone.. and thanks for the great pictures!

Adam, we've discussed this in the past but I refuse to do it. It seems like a great Idea at first but there are a few down sides to it that will make me FIGHT against it.

1. My cars (Rats, original Unrestored, Old HARLEYS, Old Race cars, etc) will DESTROY that nice pretty carpet up there. The Floor of SURVIVORS ALLEY late Sunday night looks like an AUTOZONE parking lot! Oil, antifreeze, greasy nuts and bolts, spilled BEER cans, etc cover the bare concrete.

2. Move-in and Move-out from the Upstairs is a NIGHTMARE! One old Elevator makes for ONE CAR AT A TIME in or out.. At 10:30pm SURVIVORS ALLEY was empty, and I was helping Rob Mullins load his last car.. A show employee walked buy and said "Elevator has broke twice, we've gotten 7 cars out so far."

3. The corner that I put SURVIVORS ALLEY in has certain traits that caused me to request it 5 years ago.. I looked at the floor plan and saw the following: First move in availability. Due to Loading Dock Back Garage door my move-in time is continual ALL DAY-BOTH DAYS. Both Men and women rest room. Full Food Concession. 2 Full bars. Right next to registration, and FIRST MOVE OUT!! That big over head door goes up and my "Drivers" can roll out!

4. (Possibly most important) The show organizers were ELATED to give us the "Dark corner"... evidentially for years that corner has been known as the "Dark corner" and numerous SHOW CAR OWNERS would complain every year saying they "Didn't win there class because the lighting in that corner is so bad!" :rolleyes: Well, needless to say.. My guys LOVE the lighting.

I like the way it is now. It's just big enough to be good, not so big that I have to sacrifice car quality just to fill it (Like the basement in Detroit.) I hold it to 70 cars and I can pick the BEST 70 out of 100+ that apply.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Oldsjoe- Didn't mean to "Hi-jack" your thread!! Thanks for pics and coverage! See ya soon I hope.

J Shaw

19. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Josh no problem on the thread "HI-JACK" I don't look at as that! Just wanted to be sure I wasn't stealing any of your thunder or credit by mistake! I'm thrilled you and the fellas can and are getting some credit for all the hard work you put into the show. I'm sure narrowing the field to the top 70 to 100 isn't easy on your part either! All ways a pleasure Josh!

20. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

THANKS for taking the time to have a look!

21. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Great Pics. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a good time.

22. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

It was a real treat to meet Mark Bowles and see his collection. He had my old '30 roadster for awhile, and still had some of the old parts off of it that he gave me. He ended up selling me some cool shit too... ;)

The Hilton collection is mind blowing.... To say the least.

Dan actually did the sign work on my '29 on wednesday. They were WAY too busy the rest of the weekend for anything else.

23. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Yes Sir! Those fellers are ALWAYS busy! if there are Hot Rod parts around they sure know where they are!

24. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

With the hard work Josh and the crew do it's getting better and better! Thanks for peekin at the pics!