Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Duke Fosters 39 Ford in Canadian Hot Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Well I got my first story published in Canadian Hot Rods magazine. Well I shouldn't say first, I've done a few tech articles in the past, but this was my first feature car article.

I chose to write it on Duke Fosters 39 Ford. For those who don't know Duke, he is a racing legend here in Alberta and has raced everything from Model T speedsters, to micro midgets to stock cars.
    In 1950 at the age of 22 he bought a beat up 39 coupe and built one of the first radical customs in Western Canada.
    He still owns the car to this day, and drives the shit out of it!
    Here was the car when he first finished it in 1951.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the car today. He redid the car in the 70's and changed the grille, taillights and the dash, but for the most part the car is still pretty much the same as it was when he first built it. He plans on lowering the back down like it used to be and putting another set of skirts on it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyways thats all I'm gonna say on it, if you want to know more your gonna have to go down to the newsstand and get yourself a copy of Canadian Hot Rods.
    Or order one from here: http://www.canadianhotrods.com/

2. otas

otas

Man! Would love to see more photos of that car! Too cool that he still owns it today.

3. Looks Kool, neat that he still has the same car today!

4. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

That is a great story. I love stuff like that !

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

That is a cool story!

6. Great stuff!!!!

7. Pete

Pete

Great looking car, any more pics of it in its current condition/ state??

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That care is pretty rad!!! Love the name "ROADENTS". Congrats on the article!

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Duke on the cover of the Breckenridge Speedway Program (far left)
    [​IMG]

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

How cool that the original builder still has the car. Hope he gets to enjoy it for many more years.

Frank

11. Back from the dead...man this is a great looking car. The chop is really nice. I know 99% of guys will say that you can't make a 39-40 look better by chopping it, but this is REALLY nice! The early pics are great, I love the car when it was low and with blackwalls and no spotlights even, looks amazing. I'm taking notes on this one.
    Hans