Register now to get rid of these ads!

tire size equivalent??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KustomRocket88, Jan 14, 2014.

1. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Hello,

BEFORE I BEGIN please do not chew me out on this question. I am not fluent with every post everyone makes on the internet and if it weren't for my son's computer assistance I wouldn't be here in the first place. I would like advice from someone that can bare with us, we are not all "know it alls," nor do we frankly wish to be because it takes the fun out of learning. His friend wants to run a set of radial tires on his '61 impala that have the same height and appearance as those that were the bias ply station wagon or specialty 409 cars. He does not want to run the original bias plys for quality and money reasons, nor does he want low profile radials. what would be the real modern day equivalent of this size? (8.00 x 14) we haven't been able to track down the exact size in radial, and seems to be things are more dedicated to 15s instead of 14s (235 75 R15) Does anyone who raced back in the '60s remember if wheels were interchanged with 15s to give it the high and filled out stance other than suspension?

Thank you for any help you can offer and to give us some clarity.

Cruise on,

Lionel

2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

You need a 215/75/14. Discount Tire can order them or you could do your own search at tire shops. GOOGLE

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Thank you all for your help! This is well appreciated :)