Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 Chevy Fleetline rear window rollers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nmpontiac, Dec 22, 2013.

1. My 50 Pontiac uses the same window mechanisms as the Fleetline and I was cleaning them up and I'm pretty sure I'm missing the plastic rollers that run inside the channel under the rear windows. All that's there is what I assume is the remains of the roller assy. Is there a source for the rollers with the wheel ? I looked at Chevs of the 40s but it just didn't look right. I included a picture of what I have.

Attached Files:

2. miky2001

miky2001
    from houston

if you find them let me know

3. Look at the tri five stuff and also at the hardware. Store. Look in the screen door roller. If not there the cabinet drawer glides.

4. buckd

buckd

National Chevy Association. They have it all!!! BUCKD

5. miky2001

miky2001
    from houston

i drilled one out of my 1950 chevy fleetline. the hole in the regulator is 5/16" ID.

the rivets national chevy association are 1/4"????? i talked to a guy there yesterday.

6. You can pirate them out of another car if you have to, they just need to be about the same size.

7. terryble

terryble
    from canada

I had that exact problem 20 years ago found some rollers from old curtain rods, you know the ones with pull string attached to the floor. The rollers on the travelling back and forth part worked great. Don't see those much anymore but some vintage used house hardware might have them.

8. My regulator has the 5/16 holes - found that the 55-57 Chevy ones work fine - and yes, they come in 1/4 and 5/16 rivet sizes. I also went ahead and bought a "semi tubular rivet" tool for my riveter, probably didn't need to but at least they'll be rolled over like the originals

9. DrJ

DrJ

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  10. terryble

terryble
    from canada

bet that would work

11. miky2001

miky2001
    from houston

^^^^^^^^
    i dont see how that would work? wouldnt one have to drill that roller off the rivet to use the roller? then youre back to square one with no rivet? correct me if i am wrong?

i ordered the danchuk 11287. i will let you know how they work out

12. DrJ

DrJ

I have a couple in the garage of unknown brand but I think I got them about three years ago at an ACE hardware. They have the wheel bolted to the bracket so removing that pin wouldn't be a problem.
    The wheel is 3/4" dia. and about 1/4" thick.
    Might be the same as this Home Depot one:
    [​IMG]

13. Got the rivet set from Jay-Cee Rivet today and am replacing the rollers on my 50 Pontiac (same as Chevy) regulators with the Danchuk 11287 roller & rivets. The rivet set works well, though the tubular part splits a little, probably harder material than the originals - still comes out pretty nice.

Attached Files:

14. miky2001

miky2001
    from houston

i just replaced all the rollers on my regulators. i have 3 left over, and also the tool needed to "roll over" the rivets if anybody wants them shoot me a PM

Attached Files: