Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Free '56 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T&A Flathead, Jan 11, 2014.

1. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

My dad discovered this on his property. It was rolled onto the passenger side. We have no idea how long it's been there. It has an FE motor instead of a Yblock. It is probably too rough to do much with other than rob parts from.

What do you think.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389476993.893256.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389477007.228404.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1389477030.997449.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. That's a hell of a thing to find laying around! Back east, it would have been a rust stain in the mud! Yard truck is my vote

3. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Looks pretty crusty, good thing is was free....

4. Good parts truck. HRP

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Parts is parts and that one may still have a few good ones left.

6. jack_pine

jack_pine
    from Motor City

Turn it around so the muddy side sits in the sun. Half your clean-up work will be done.

7. It oughta buff out!....cool find.

8. 327Eric

327Eric

Make a neat piece of yard art. Make it a planter.

9. Neat find. It looks bad but if I found it on my property I'd probably want to pick away at it, maybe try to get it to run. I know crazy. Just seems cool to try and save something everybody else gave up on.

10. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

i think you are right and i think it has been there a long time .

11. mickeyc

mickeyc

The steering box looks to be intact, also the door hinges on the right side are in place. These f-100s have stout door hinges that may be repurposed for various other uses. I would part that thing out.

12. i think the doors are, one year only, so if the drivers door is savable it is worth something. the rest of the tin looks bad, but i bet there is a lot of good chassis parts.

13. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Me too:eek:...;)

14. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

I would get the shock mounts off of it....

15. Do you have a title with it?:D

16. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Wow!!!

17. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

No title, but my dad can get one fairly easy. Missouri has an abandoned vehicle title app.

The truck is very complete. I can not figure out why it was rolled on its side and left for dead.

The steering column and box is complete and turns with very little play. Drivers door is salvageable, along with the bed, dash, and a lot of chassis parts.

I left it at my dads, but will go back after it this spring.

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Man, part that puppy out! Its amazing how much the small stuff can go for. Plus, depending on what the FE, tranny and rear end components are, it might be a big kick for the wallet.

19. i want the front brakes

20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

It sure would be cool if you could bring it back to at least some state of repair if only for the cool story, and Hey, It is a 56,one of the coolest ford trucks ever made and a passenger fender and door would go a long way.

I know I probably cant see all the damage but I can tell you this,If I had it at my house their sure wouldnt be any "parts" for sale.

21. 327Eric

327Eric

The more I look at it, the more I'd be looking for a cab. i'd be willing to bet there is an old flat bed somewhere that could be had for cheap. Even a reasonable parts truck, and make one out of two, wouldn't even care if it was a 53-55 cab. Although I would make a planter out of the bed until then, call it art, and keep the neighnors quiet.

22. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Im not seeing that much damage on the cab itself other than the top needing some hammering out and probably some minor (cab)patch work on the side it was laying on.
    Honestly If I couldnt use that 56 cab I probably wouldnt fool with it at all either because what would you really have left.

23. May she Rust In (one) Peace.

24. old4dlvr

old4dlvr

i need a Roof if its good .Thanks

25. Sell it to one of the morons on the "RR" forums, they look at this kinda rust as pure gold! Just make sure to say it has LOTS of patina!