Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Gotta question about a title to an A model

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Sqeaky Hinge, Jan 10, 2014.

1. pitman

pitman

The headlight bar, and the Left front fender appear to be 28-29 vintage, along w/the rad shell. The cowl is the design that is throwing folks. Calling Mr. Lancaster... where's Bruce, he's the man!
    By-the-way, the deluxe models had cowl lamps.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  2. Lots of bad info on this thread. I'd bet lots of money its not a 30-31.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Carter

Carter

I'd bet you won't find anyone to take that bet. :D

4. Carter

Carter

It definitely is a 29 Fordor. Just to say it again. I bet someone still replies after this and says they think it's a 30-31.

5. Nobey

Nobey

Bob knows !

The37Kid likes this.
  6. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

Body doesn't matter. You can change the body designation. I did more than once. The Vin number is what counts

7. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

Uhhhhh.....Ok , I am glad everyone has gave me their advice / and info , but I must say....I'm more confused now then before I asked....lol:confused:

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

LAST bit of ID info then I'll give up. Do you have a tape measure or yardstick? Do you have a friend you trust that can read one? Place one end at the front door to cowl meeting area, and the other were the back of the hood touches the cowl, what did you get as a mesurement? SEVENTEEN inches? If so you have a 1928-29 Ford FORDOR cowl. Bob

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  9. Not to get into the debate on what year your car is,(even though it is surprising how quick people will blurt out an answer even if they are unsure) I would say if the number on the title matches the number on the engine/frame you should just leave it at that. The engine is stamped on the drivers side right below the head. Some states many years ago did not differentiate between sedans, whether it was a 2 door or a 4 door the title read sedan. Also the title on my truck came back in my name saying its a 51 when it was sent in as a 53. I really could care less because the vin was correct as was my name.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More info here confirming that it is a 29 https://www.google.com/search?q=192...ssics.com%2FDC10%2FFord29AbrGgrn.html;800;613
    As a couple of the guys said the important thing is that the vin on the title matches the engine number and or the frame number.
    As far as the number of doors bodies got swapped all the time and along with that there is always that miss print opportunity as far as the number of doors goes.