Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 62 Impala Garage find.....Kinda out of my element...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, May 14, 2011.

1. c57heaven

c57heaven

that looks like some kind of inspection mark at the left side of the trunk lid.
    If you don't have it finished, drag it to Thompson during the Gasser event and display it in the 409 section of the pits. You'll have the biggest crowd!

2. biscaynes

biscaynes

helluva great find :cool

3. shoebox50

shoebox50

What a score!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. signguyphil

signguyphil
    from AL

Nice find, great story, best of all hearing about an ethical deal working out.

5. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I live in Ohio too.Hope you got it inside before the snow hits tonight.

6. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Tell the rollback driver to drop it off at my mom's, in Athens please. :D

7. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Wow, what an awesome find! Thanks for documenting up to this point and it is going to be fun to watch as you progress with it. Congrats!

8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

9. 48buickkid

48buickkid

What an awesome story and find. I am subscribed and will check daily for updates.

10. Reassembled back to when the car rolled out of the factory, this car will be worth a lot of money.

Congrats....

11. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

WOW ! Congradulations, you are living a wet dream . Im almost a bit jealous , had a few 62's over the years , all boys dream of a 409 car , even ferd lovers .
    Very glad it found a good home instead of a hack reseller .

12. Glad to see that old car gettin' some attention again.

13. Super/Stock Poncho

Super/Stock Poncho
    from Missouri

I envy you Littleman. Please keep this thread alive on your progress with the Impala.

14. great find, anything to update.
    Al.

15. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

Maybe he sold it?

16. Somethin' must be going on, he might just be busy?

17. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It has been a rough winter up there. Just sayin'.....

18. Give him a break,you guys must have missed his Henry J thread, he's going pretty strong on that one. He's also getting another of his "famous" cars ready for the Piston Power car show in a couple weeks.

19. TimeWarpF100

TimeWarpF100

Incredible Find!

Looking forward to more pics & info

20. WGuy

WGuy
    from Central NJ

If he's on another thread, that means he's on line so send him a PM asking for an update or just post on the other thread and ask.:)

21. slowmotion

slowmotion

Looks like he's been pretty busy (other threads). I figure he'll update details when he gets a chance. As a huge '62 fan, I'm interested too.
    It may be on a shelf in waiting, or went away already (I hope not), who knows.

BTW, it HAS been bitch of a winter here in Buckeye land...:(

22. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Correct....way too busy to even look at it !.....................Lots of parts to sort out.......need to come up w/ a plan of attack...........need to get the Henry J raceable then back onto the MidEngine Roadster.....I will start cleaning it up in spring on and off..........Littleman Dave

I did go up into the guys room on the 2nd level of his mothers house, he said nobody has been up there in 20 yrs........found this trophy in his old bedroom........A Thompson DragWay winner he won in the 62 while racing the Impala.........he said he won this between 62 and him leaving for Nam......The ceilings are falling down in all the rooms..........crazy amount of stuff laying around and the dust...........yikes..........

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  23. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

What an extremely cool find! Now I know where all of the 409 stuff has been hiding. I'm partial to white '62s. I'm glad the deal worked out for you. I can't believe the guys saying $2500, I wanna come car shop at their house.

24. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

What an amazing find. It will be great to see put back together. It looks like it'd be pretty nice just put back together and preserving. I can't believe people suggested parting it out especially with the history. Very cool on that trophy and the transmission box inside looks neat as well.

25. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

The top two pics are from around 1963 before he went to Nam for his tour.......The day he won the trophy while drag racing the 62 at Thompson.......The bottom two pics are dated 62.........Dave

[​IMG]

26. Babyearl

Babyearl

Dave,, You do know that the trophy and pics need to stay with the car for the history, when you sell.
    Earl

27. Good story. Have enjoyed sharing the highs and lows. Great outcome. What more could one want?

It's pretty obvious the previous owner was proud of his car and had a lot of sentiment invested. It's got a good home. Hope you keep in touch with the original owner, so he can go for a ride.

28. gas & guns

gas & guns

Just read it. Truly a class act.....May your reward be the smell of burned rubber and not rat shit.

29. slowmotion

slowmotion

I remember so many cars with the black rims/white walls, just like the pics. That IS the way most guys rolled back then. Thanks for posting Littleman.

30. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

I'm blown away by this find. This car, condition, and history just don't come along very often. Thank you for sharing!