Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hold My Keys Again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

I love old keys!!!!! Your key with the rocket car is outta sight! When I get down to the shop I'll take a pic of the keys to my '63 Merc.. the trunk key is my favorite, with Mercury head on one side, and the "M" on the back side or a neat striped background..... its like a little bowling alley sign that opens the trunk!!

3. Dodge Brother

Dodge Brother

I willingly agree old keys are the tops, small, heavy, detailed unlike the plastic obnoxiously large keys of a modern car!!!

4. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

Found this the other day

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

5. flamingokid

flamingokid

I'll have to dig up my keychain/key collection for some good pics.I've got a couple of Cord keys that are real nice.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's a Mercury key..

[​IMG]

7. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I love the OEM Studebaker keys, I got a set of blanks for my '52...

[​IMG]

8. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

OT (yet 35 years old) The aluminum keys of my Ford Fairmont I'vle always liked the ultra light weight keys with no yellowish edges :D...I don't think they reproduce them though.

9. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

I found a box of misc house and paddlock keys. On the more interesting ones I cut the shaft off and left the head and use them as decoration on my keyrings. My daughters car keys have the head of a master lock key with the lion on it.

10. the-rodster

the-rodster

That "rocket car" is used on the emblem of door garnish moldings on 49 Fords.

[​IMG]

I dig it.

Rich

11. I alway liked original keys. I try and go out of my way to get the keys.

12. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a key that I assume is original (if not close to it) that came with my '56 Buick that is the standard GM style like the first two pics, but the head is completely worn smooth. you can barely make out where some of the markings were. The car sat not running in a garage from '76 to '96 when I bought it, and the key was already worn then so its gotta go back pretty close to the beginning with that car I'd assume..

13. weez

weez

I don't like to have a lot in my pockets, so I've never much taken a shine to key fobs. I was talking to Jeff Decker about keys once and he showed me that his were just about seven keys on a ring, all with the tabs ground off and rounded around the hole to match. Just the blade part with a hole for the ring... Very minimalist and streamlined! But it seems like it would be a bitch to tell them apart and almost no leverage to turn them with... Looked neat though-

14. Got a brand new Hudson script key for my A since im using a lot of Hudson parts, its a real thing of beauty and looks a hell of a lot better than a new blank..

15. jjsound

jjsound

My aluminum 1961 Desoto keys.

Attached Files:

16. I guess Mother Mopar used the same key blanks for quite a while. The key on the right is the same as the original key for my old '67 Dart.

17. The "rocket car" motif also showed up on this club plaque. Not strictly key related, but it all ties in just fine.

Attached Files:

18. green50

green50

My original 1950 Ford keys have the "Rocket Car" on them. Here is a cool old Chevrolet key.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  19. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Traditional keys even. Now we're gettin' down to details. Cool.

20. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

This is the key for my Pontiac. It's some sort of aftermarket accessory, judging by the logo it's from the mid 1950s but it works fine in my '61. I'm with Weez on this one...the less I'm carrying around in my pocket, the better. Now if I could only key my house to match I'd be all set. :)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

' 57 Ford vs. Chevy

<a href="http://s695.photobucket.com/user/wood5557/media/P1100595_zps562f8892.jpg.html" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  22. What model does this one belong to?

Attached Files:

23. terryble

terryble
    from canada

24. Many (far too) years ago, when I was 14-15 (and dinosaurs ruled the earth, etc. etc.), came across a 55 Ford in a ravine. Not complete by any means, just barely identifiable. However, looking it over, trying to scavenge what I could, I noticed, under the hood, a wire looped through a hole and headed down towards the rear of the engine compartment. I pulled that wire and found the spare key to the car!! Must have been attached by the owner, just in case he lost his key.

Seemed ultra cool, finding something that had been successfully hidden for so many years.

Any way, I think I still have that key (it was OEM), and a few others, including the OEM key for my '83 Aspencade. Don't laugh, the bloody thing's 31 years old!!

Cosmo

25. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I bought the contents of a home and I keep finding little treasures.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      108.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      95.9 KB
      Views:
  26. I found this key on the countryside in 2006 nearby the ruins an old mining site. It has been hanging beside my car's key since then and it marks the moment when, by divine intervention, I was told that old Fords would be in my life's path. Who would tell that I'd find a 90 yr old key on the dirt?
    I didnt know it was from a T.
    Thanks.

27. terryble

terryble
    from canada

I would say 1926 or 27

28. autobilly

autobilly

My original 52 year old Ute key works but I rarely use it because it's so worn.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1390283994.071263.jpg
    It says: GMH your key to value.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  29. Thanks for the info
    It is really cool to know that.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. I need to see if O'brien Trucker's has that plaque in his archives. It is pretty damn cool. I have that rocket car on my '51 Merc. keys.