Register now to get rid of these ads!

Canadian 'Vintage Alley'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spock, Jan 7, 2014.

1. spock

spock

Hey ,
    The Calgary World of Wheels show is coming soon , (Feb) , and I'm still looking for some cool traditional rods and customs to take part in the 'Vintage Alley' section of the show.
    This will be the third year of VA , it has proved popular and has been very well received so far. So come on guys , support your local traditional scene and lets make the streetrodders look lame:D

Post pics here or e-mail me details at; [email protected]

Thanks

Spock

2. Do you have a cut off date? My 66 Fury may qualify.

3. desotot

desotot

Whats the date for the show,whats your plan/dream for the vintage alley. Do you have any past pics?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  4. spock

spock

Dates are Feb 21-23

Plan is the same as the past couple of years , cool traditional cars , in one area...a show within a show kind of deal.
    I'll post pics when I get home

Spock

5. spock

spock

Pensive scribe ,
    there's no absolute cut-off date , as long as its cool and has that 'back in the day' look to it.
    Send me some pics buddy , or post them.
    Isnt the 36 done yet

Spock

6. Still working on the permanent home(new garage) for the 35. Will get to it soon. Got a temporary Merc flathead for it till the dressed one is ready. Going to try to get it running this spring.

Anyway, this Plymouth has been in my family since new. I took it out of storage a couple years ago just for something to cruise. Since then I've lowered it, added lakes, and I'm in the process of doing a custom grill. I figure it isn't too bad for something with nearly a quarter million miles on it. Let me know and I'll dig it out of the snow for the show. Poetic, eh? Cheers.:)

IMG_1626b.jpg 66 Fury III 024b.jpg

7. spock

spock

:Dcome on all you Canucks......where are you :D

Spock

8. desotot

desotot

Don,t know if I can have it finished in time.

Show time Mar 12-16.I will also have to round up an enclosed car trailer.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  9. telecustom

telecustom
    from Langey, BC

Good turn out last year.. LG boys made it down and plenty of other cool vintage rods. I wont be able to make it this year, changed province. Next year I'll see about getting the coupe down, should be wrapped up by then.

10. Sent my paperwork in yesterday.

11. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

I offered some of my vintage minibikes last year but didn't get accepted, not sure if I should try again, they would be great display fillers...

12. Thanks for the great time. Wouldn't have entered other than by reading this post. Thanks to the Rod Shop too for sponsoring the "Alley".

IMG_2138b.jpg