Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Don Garlits wife Pat in the hospital again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodJosh, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Hope she gets better soon...

2. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

All the best to she and Don both.....

3. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Prayers for Don and Pat!

4. elba

elba

The first time I saw Don was at Thompson Drag Raceway in Ohio in about 1964. Pat was with him selling t-shirts out of the back of his old Dodge pickup.
    Our prayers are with you.

5. markluco

markluco
    from NE Phoenix

I stopped in at his Museum last weekend, and learned that Mrs. Garlits is now in a "long-term care facility," and that Don visits her "almost every evening." There is no recovery from this deal, only caring. I reminded the young lady in the Antique Car Building that there are a lot of people praying for her, so let's all please keep it up.

6. i stopped in 3 weeks ago and was told by the lady in the gift shop that she was not doing good and she would probably go to a long term facility

7. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

So sad. They have been a part of my life since 1964 when I first found the drags.
    Lions, OCIR, Pomona and wide eyed wonderment life altering entertainment was had.
    A neighbor took me because I was their son's friend. Next day I was all over Don Garlits. I had to get the Swamp Rat model as soon as it was spotted at TG&Y.
    Thoughts and prayers for the Garlits family.
    Our heros shouldn't have problems.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Strange that this thread came back up now, I was just wondering a little bit ago how she was doing after the last setback. I wish them both the best, they have been together for so many years.

Don

9. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

I was at the museum over Thanksgiving, gift shop girl said Pat was in care home. She said Don was fine, going strong like the energizer bunny.

Ago

10. chevy3755

chevy3755

happy trails Don and Pat......have met both and are truly are good people........