Register now to get rid of these ads!

New from Perth, Western Australia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by WAmade, Dec 21, 2013.

1. WAmade

WAmade

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the hot rod scene however have been well versed in tough street cars and have a list of previously owned machines that could write a short novel. In essence i have oil running through my veins.

I have recently aquired a 32 roadster that is now pride of place in the garage and throughout our ownership will be tweaked, improved and loved and most importantly driven for all to admire and inspire.

On a more personal level, my name is Joel. I'm 33 and from Perth, Western Australia. Anyone local who would like to meet up for runs, cruises, meets, or a casual beer and yarn in the shed while tinkering. Please make yourself known.

Keen to meet like minded people to share the knowledge and learn a few new tricks myself.

See you out on the road!

WAmade - aka Joel 32 roadster.png

2. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Welcome to the HAMB from another Aussie.

3. colinsmithson

colinsmithson

G/Day welcome from Melbourne

4. WAmade

WAmade

cheers guys, would be good to hear from a few locals. For anyone wondering, Yes this was Phil Reilly's car. Now in the hands of someone prepapred to keep the tradition of giving her 2 - 3 walks per week and continually improving her mechanicals and asthetics. Big thumbs up to Phil for building such a solid car to base my hotrod adventures from.

5. Welcome aboard Joel, great car you scored there. Did Phil keep the plates ? You going to Hot Summer Nights, Jan 4 @ Swan Athletic Oval?

6. WAmade

WAmade

Hi Deluxe 32, I wasnt a huge fan of "gow job" to show case the car even knowing the meaning behind it is to the ground roots of rodding. So in short Phil has been able to keep hold of his private plates. I will be able to let everyone know the new name of the car tomorrow once the new plates have been secured and paid for. Will remain a secret until its a sealed deal. Hopefully Phil will have a car to screw them to, as he is considering selling his 34 pickup that he has in build. If you are mates with him, go give him a rev and nudge him to continue on, instead of buying some other 60s iron from the states.

And yes, we will be at Hot summer nights on Jan 4th. Will be our first official meet so cant wait to get amongst some great people and see some excellent rides. Come up and say hi on the night.

7. HANKSPITBALL

HANKSPITBALL

Welcome to the HAMB Joel from another time zone in Oz. Cheers, Doug

8. Welcome from down the road a bit.

9. Gidday Joel,Yeah,a good rig you have there,spent abit of time on it and in it myself.
    Phil did a good job alright,enjoy and no doubt I will see you around.
    Chris

10. WAmade

WAmade

Cheers Chris, Doug and Cully. Make sure to put a face to a name if you see myself and the car about. I intend this to be a fair bit, and always improving the car means a lot of "ahem" test driving. Plus the Mrs likes dressing up and getting the wind in the hair. Its a win win.

11. LOUIELOUIE

LOUIELOUIE

G'day WA made,
    Just join the HAMB myself from WA and are pretty new to the hot rod scene,
    My current build is a slammed 55 F100 with a 350 from a 69 vette
    And next in line is a 47 Merc coupe with a 59a flatly twin pluggers and S.C.o.T blower.
    See you out there!!!

12. Welcome from the US!

13. WAmade

WAmade

Hi LouieLouie,

Where in Perth are you? Always keen to find people to cruise with. Did you make it Hot Summer nights 4 last night?

It was a good meet with a great variety of machines on show.

Managed to meet quite a few new people and gain more confidence with my decision to become part of the Perth hot rod scene. Seems everyone we meet are great people with strong passion to build safe reliable rigs. A very big step away from the culture that was prevalent with the production car street machine scene.

Cheers,

Joel

14. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

15. 392modela

392modela

Hello from the States

posted with a box of crayons on the outhouse wall

16. LOUIELOUIE

LOUIELOUIE

Hey WA Made,
    Mate I'm out the northern suburbs way and yeah your right buddy everyone I've met in the last couple of years is super friendly and more than willing with help and advice.
    Mate I didn't make hot summer nights but I bet the WA boys turned it up another notch this year.
    What's on the calendar next? Maybe big Al's poker run?
    I'm hoping to have my 55 Effie finished in the next couple of months in a Rat Pup style!
    My buddy Clint at Street race muscle has just finished the chassis with boxed rails, series III jag front, Phil at final drive has knocked up one of his famous 9"!
    We got the first C notched rear end approved by Wa vehicle mods in the last 10 years ( thanks to our mini trucking mates) Farg what a fight that was but we pushed em so hopefully it opens it up to more Rodgers in the future!!!
    The trucks going to be in the builder section of this months Perth street car and they wanna do a full feature when it's finished.
    I wasn't to phased about the coverage but I thought it might be good advertising for Clint
    The dude really is a Champion!!! With his work speaking for itself!
    That 32 you've acquired is pretty mad itself sounds like it's pieced together well

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  17. ibarodder

ibarodder

Welcome from Illinois, USA

18. ripper

ripper

WAmade - Welcome from W.A. - ahh I'm south of the river :)

LouieLouie- Used Phil at Final Drive just the once, if I ever need more diff work, he's first stop. First rate business, top shelf service...

Barrelnose - heya Chris, how goes it mate? Have a cool new year :)

19. The805Garage

The805Garage
    from Lompoc, Ca

Righteous ride!! Wanted to say what's happenin' from California!

20. Gidday Ripper,I wish it was a cool new year mate,a while to wait yet though!
    Have a good one.

21. Hi Joel,

I actually saw you at AAP last week. After you left Alan mentioned you had bought Phil's car, which made sense as I thought I saw someone (not Phil) driving Phil's roadster down the hill from Mundaring after the Pipeline Cruise.

Sounds like you're just going to change it enough to make it yours. Great car to start off with, that's for sure.

Good luck!