Register now to get rid of these ads!

52 Merc hood on 54 Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59Bisquik, Jan 2, 2014.

1. I am restoring a 54 Ford Customline Coupe and am adding some custom style to it. 57 Olds tail lights, Merc side trim on the 1/4 panel and such. Anyways, I picked up a nice 52 Merc hood at the wrecking yard. Will it work with the Ford body or will I need to cut the scoop out and graft it into the Ford hood? The front clip is off the car right now, so I cant mock it up. It does match up to the cowl body line, but I read somewhere that it might be too long. Thanks in advance! :D

2. The Mercury hood is indeed different,the Mercury is longer in the front and shaped different.

Where the '54 Ford has a filler panel between the hood and grill shell the Mercury's hood fills in this area.

I believe the fenders for the Mercury are shaped differently where they meet the leading edge of the hood & grill area. HRP

3. charlieb66

charlieb66

Won't fit. Tried the same thing 20 years ago.

4. Ok, thanks guys. Looks like this will be cut and grafted on at a later time! :cool: