Register now to get rid of these ads!

woodward-fab tools?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by biggeorge, Apr 19, 2011.

1. woodward-fab what are the pro's and cons of their metal shaping tools? I am looking at their bead roller and tools for stretching and shrinking. Thanks George

2. 70dodgeman

70dodgeman
    from Alpha NJ

Never used them but they look o.k. Don't look any different than the stuff eastwood sells.

3. Snijro31

Snijro31
    from Michigan

I got a few of there pipe nochers that work really well. ive heard alot of mix things about them but what i got works well

4. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

I bought one of their 4' finger brakes and was not impressed.I sold it after less than two years..Must have made in China..PAUL

5. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

I bought a bead roller from them and have had good results. We have put .060" steps in .060" 3003 Al.

6. myblue68

myblue68

I got one of their bead rollers a year or so back, and have no complaints, the thing works awesome, definitely worth the money.

7. i would not buy from them. I bought a set of shrinker stretchers from them and had nothing but problems. I tried talking to them about the problems but my complaints fell on deaf ears. There bead roller is just a glorified harbor freight one.
    Do not walk from them, run!!!!!!

johnny

8. losthubcap

losthubcap
    from Upstate NY

I bought a shrinker/stretcher from Woodward Fab for $189, now I see its made in China. I look at the H.F. catalog & they sell one similar for $139. Probably a $50.00 mistake. I guess, I should just assume its all made in China unless otherwise specified in the catalog !

9. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

i just bought a shrinker stretcher from princess auto $100.03 works great

10. Woodward fab bead roller is fine WITH some changes. They need to be beefed up for sure, I am happy with mine now - not so much when I bought it.

As purchased
    [​IMG]

As built
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I also have their bead roller. Haven't used it that much. Rolled beads in the new floors in my 33 Dodge coupe build, shown in thread here on the HAMB and it worked fine.

12. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

It's the same stuff they sell at HF, but with a different sticker!!! ALL MADE IN CHINA. you're paying more for the different paint and sticker!!!

13. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

I have a roll shear from them. It isnt any good.

14. Might be made in china but it's what I can afford. I got my Woodward fab bead roller from Summit racing on sale cheaper than I could get it from HF. With a little work it seems fine. I reinforced it with some scrap pieces I had.

[​IMG]

15. i have the bead roller. made a stand but havent added any bracing to it. works pretty good for me

16. Edgrrrrr

Edgrrrrr
    from Kentucky

I bought the tube bending kit, works great no problems. I bought the bead roller from hf it makes a wonderful door stop wedge.

17. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

chineese made. woodward stickers over the top of another manufacturers sticker. you get what you pay for. got a shear, bead roller, finger brake, and tubing bender from them. too much flex on the bead roller. mods are nessesary to stiffen up. priced accordingly.....

18. jazz1

jazz1

Since upgrading your beadroller what gauge metal have you been able to run through? I just got the same beadroller and tried a piece .038 (20 gauge I believe) and did not work well,,,I have to make floor pans for my 48 sedan delivery and they are supposed to be 18ga. I will be beefing mine up tonight. Woodward claims these are suitable to 18 gauge..horsepucks!

19. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i bought a Woodward shrinker/strecher, a part broke and they were very quick to respond and sent a replacement. i'm happy with them.

20. 29moonshine

29moonshine

bought a power bead roller that they sold sent it back to have it reparied they fixed it and sent it back it would not work they did not know it was a 220 motor wired to a 110 plug . now use a beef up hf manuel bead roller that works good

21. mattrat31

mattrat31

Which bead roller did you buy? I am currently looking at the 23" model and am curious if it is any good.

22. El Tortuga

El Tortuga

I think its ok for a hobbist, its the same as harbor freight in a lot of cases. I always tried to buy quality American made equipment and spent the money for it too. Looking back I think for as often as I use some of my stuff I would have been fine not investing so much and buying a few cheaper things. If you plan on making a living with this stuff then no way.

23. papastoyss

papastoyss

I have one of their 4ft pan brakes & a hand shear. I am satisified w/both items. I had a Pexto 40" brake previously, it was much stronger but the Woodward Fab is more versital(sp) for my needs.