Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Do we have any 1957 Oldsmobile Lovers here?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Centurion9, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Ramblur

Ramblur

Crappy pic I know,but it speaks volumes to me. A couple goofy guys just out of high school in the late 70's and a warm summer day. Mine was the pie wagon. The Olds was Matt's 2nd after his 1st pink over black 88 was totaled in a Dairy Queen parking lot by a newb in a stick shift Chevelle doing a burnout(in reverse :eek:). 30 some years later we've both managed to hang on to them,and my wagon still has the Olds rear axle... One of the memories permanently etched in my memory was going off the road at near triple digit speed in the Olds. Me in the passenger seat sliding down a ditch and watching the driveway/culvert fast approaching. I'll be damned if that driveway didn't throw us right back on the road still headed in the right direction and still at a very good clip. No damage done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Wow, everything on Ray Bozarths' posted by Dr. Dave is amazing. I don't like the colors, but everything else is spot on.

3. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Yeah, fuckin amazing car. 1st time i see it too.

Sum other nice ones from my stash o'pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a 56? throwin sides? Yes please.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bigger pics of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  4. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stock from the factory, they are as close to a Motorama dream car as anything the General ever built; (lOOk at that grille!) :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  5. dseale4888

dseale4888

'57 88 was my first car. 2 door sedan with the 371 4 bbl. Had 56 and 58 also. That was in '65 when I got my license. Most 57 Olds I've seen around here are big$$$ so I'll tool around in my 55 Chevy 4 door.
    Dave

6. Thank you all for the help.....These are sure beautiful cars....I think sometimes the popularity of Chevys and Fords just makes a lot of other worthy brands get overlooked....It's pretty apparent that these cars deserve another look. I appreciate everybody who contributed....hopefully this Thread will get more attention in the future and be remembered by those looking for something different to build......

7. robertsregal

robertsregal

Yes they are a sweet looking car and I do really like the 3 piece back window!!

8. KalleWirsch

KalleWirsch

long long is it since 1987 in Swizerland
    [​IMG]

9. dirtytruck

dirtytruck
    from Lincoln,NE

Yup! I need a hood, if anybody could help.

10. xketh

xketh
    from New York

Finally I have a 57 98 Holiday, loaded power Seat, Windows, Brakes, Steering and real original J2 with original Air cleaner 58K original miles and Paint.

11. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

I don't always drive Oldsmobiles, but when I do I prefer 50 Olds 98 or 59 Olds dynamic 88, not 57 Oldsmobiles. Stay Olds thirsty my friends.

12. roughneck424

roughneck424

Friend bought this one out of Florida. In route to Cali soon
    [​IMG]

13. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

^^I'm going to call that one face lift.^^

14. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

I was fortunate enough to see D'Agostino's 57 when he debued it. It is my favorite 57 Olds. Last week at the Portland Or. Beeches cruisin a bright red 57 pulled in. It had red leather interior wide white walls on chrome reverse wheels with bullets and sitting super low. It was beautiful.

15. KalleWirsch

KalleWirsch

:eek: Auaaaaa very specifically

16. nati54

nati54

is the red olds. for sale ?
    Thanks
    Nati

17. TAK Speed Shop

TAK Speed Shop

Bought this car from a good friend, really enjoy driving it. Located some upgrade parts including a set of original NASCAR valve covers for the original engine that I found in a wrecking yard in Roswell NM. Plan on adding electronic ignition and putting more miles on the car this next summer.

Attached Files:

18. 57olds

57olds
    from ohio

Very cool!

19. DBJake

DBJake

I love the 55 through 57 model years of these cars, especially 1957, particularly the wagon. My love of these started when I saw a 55 4-door poster car for sale near me I was only 8... that car sat for maybe 10 years unsold, and when I finally got up the nerve to knock on the owner's door and ask about it, it was already gone. I s'pose its for the better, the price was too high anyway.

20. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Love them tri-5 Olds & Buicks more than Chevys