Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 60 Studebaker Lark

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by keithv, Oct 2, 2013.

1. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

Man the neighbors really love me now! Between cruising the 'hood (haven't tagged her yet) & every time I back her out I set off the alarm in the truck, we're ALL having fun 'round here! On a different note, one of my neighbors got a '14 Vette,& he let me drive it around a little, now I'm not really a Vette kinda guy, BUT that thing rocks!! Its got me thinking about those LS engines, not that I'm looking......

2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Sure would be fun blowing off some modern cars with that. The only down side is those people wouldn't have a clue what they just got beat by.

3. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

True! The only way most people will know is by the "Studebaker" script on the back. The youngsters in the neighborhood are asking "It's a WHAT !?!?" :eek:

4. aircap

aircap

Followed quickly by "Who makes Studebaker?".

5. Justin N

Justin N
    from Kentucky

Nice car, I have a 61 lark wagon that I want to start on here soon. Do you have any pictures of how the 350 is mounted?

6. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

Hey Kiddies! Been off the air for a couple of weeks, doing the TCB thing......
    Took Lucile to the monthly cruise in this past weekend, she got the peoples choice award, and NO I didnt take credit for building the car! I gave it to Don Black,who did all the work, I did however take the cash from the 50/50 that I also won! Nothing like free gas!
    @Justin N; I'll pm you the part number for the kit that is in her, gotta find it.

7. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

Love your little Studie..

My first full bodied hotrod was a 60 Lark. Had a nailhead Buick in it back in 67. A real tire burner and those lay down front seats were great on date nights.

I then bought a 6 stick to drive while in college..

Noe I'm retired and have three Larks, Two 59 VI coupes and a 259 V8 hardtop.
    The worst bodied coupe is being built as a Gasser. Had to replace the floor from the firewall to the taillights. So why not.. Car will be done this spring. Straight axle, glass front end. bb Chevy, 400 turbo, narrowed 9" rear, and big ladder bars..:D
    And I hate when the know it alls call it a Rambler!!!!

8. I'd keep the sleeper look. I don't think I'd change a thing, it's so purdy!

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Agreed, and cut 1 coil from the front springs.

10. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Awesome Lark!

11. keithv

keithv
    from Flordia

Whats up?
    Haven't been on in a while, wife had surgery, doing well & healing quickly. Going to take a while, about another month. Meanwhile, did the Sebring Volunteer Fire Dept. car show last week, didn't place, but won the BIG prize for the participants, $50 gas card, Ill take it! Lucile has been running great, took a chance & got a set of E3 plugs, pricy but seem to work great! Had to kick the rpms down a little don't know what that's worth, other than shes happy! To dos in the next couple of weeks are; new front springs & rebuild rear leaf bushings, then drive the hell out of it! Shows are already getting old, looking for some other drivers in the area.