Register now to get rid of these ads!

1927 Chevy Coupe Dimensions Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Primo, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Primo

Primo

I recently brought home some body panels for a 1927 chevy coupe and could use some dimensions. I have none of the wood frame so all I'm really looking for are some rough numbers to get this close to stock for my build. I would like all dimensions to be at the bottom of the body so I can start building the frame to fit.

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Primo

2. cptn60

cptn60
    from Joke City

3. Primo

Primo

Lotta good info in there but no real dimensions. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to catch up with a local guy who has a 27 and pull a tape.

Primo

4. bct

bct

I am figuring this out myself. I put the grill shell on the frame and stated there. added hood and cowl. then I centered the rear 1/4s on the wheel and this left me with the door size. I took some half inch x 2" plywood and followed the body lines to make them straight and then set my deck lid opening parallel .29.5 " I believe. starting to come together.

5. Balls Out Garage

Balls Out Garage
    from Arkansas

I can probably get some measurements off the 28 for you tomorrow.

6. Primo

Primo

That would be great. Between your measurements and what I can pull off the local coupe I should be able to get something going.

Primo