Register now to get rid of these ads!

302 in a 36 Sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lebl468, Dec 15, 2013.

1. lebl468

lebl468

Hey all, did a search, and googled, is the oil pan interference the only problem with putting a SBF/auto trans in my 36 Sedan? I want to run a 4" dropped solid axle with disk brakes, the 302 is an '85 vintage out of a T-bird with an AOD trans behind it. If I missed a detail that is relevent to the question let me know.

Thanks

Chris

2. Cerberus

Cerberus

Ford 302's, depending on the year, came with front or rear sump oil pans. BTW, so did sbc's.

3. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Hey man the 302 you have will work well with two modifications. Even with the pan you have you'll need to modify ( as in drop) the center of the crossmember down to clear the oil pump bulge. You will have to de- arch the front spring to regain proper ride height. Next you will need to run the very short water pump and front cover available from '91-'95 T-birds/Cougars or '94-'95 Mustangs. Ford Racing also sells the assembly. All else should be ok with the engine. A C4 trans will probably slip into the X-member with little difficulty. Any other auto and the X-member has to be trimmed.

4. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

you need a bronco pan oil pan.