Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Parts gathering and oops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willbierfarms, Dec 12, 2013.

1. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

Been on a mission to get all the stuff gathered up for my model a which has been dubbed the 668 (neighbor of the beast) by my stepson got my engine trans 32 frame and went and picked up my eBay quickchange this is where shit got weird. I never noticed till I had it home for three days two little facts about it one its too wide no biggie we shorten the tubes get a set of axles right? The I noticed not only is it too wide its offset five inches and the one tube is shorter than I need to make it right lol so getting new tubes and axles before I even start mockup. Going with hairpins on the front and Pete&Jake's ladder bars out back with the model a cross member and spring moved to the front and a few leaves taken out is the plan was gonna use my v8 60 axle but I think I'm going with a dropped and drilled I beam this go around on The front still can't decide how to steer it yet. With the banger in it ill have tons of room but just don't have a clue which way to go yet like cross steer but the f1 box looks so cool. Decisions decisions.......

2. Here.I will let you borrow some periods and commas.
    ...... ,,,,,,.
    You can give them back after you use them.
    Btw, it sounds like a bitching project.
    Cheers!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  3. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

Lol was on my phone. Didn't even think about grammar laws.

4. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

No. Let him keep them. Teach a man to fish.....

5. upspirate

upspirate

Sounds cool, but sign of the beast is 666

6. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

Its a winter's out of a dirt track car.it was offset and I never caught it till I got it home. As for the 668 its not evil enough to be the beast but could be evil enough to live next door to him. Thus 668 next door neighbor to 666.

7. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Shorten the long side of the rear end and the offset wont bother the drive line if you have drive shaft clearance. Gary

8. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Don't bother centering the pinion - unless you just want to for aesthetics. As stated above, it won't matter to your driveline.

We've all seen how to set up pinion angle. Diagram below. The concept is also valid in the horizontal plane (just imagine you're looking down at this pic).

Hope that makes sense....

[​IMG]

9. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Correct, and next door would be 664 or 668. If you were thinking it was 667 that would be across the street. All this is in a bad neighborhood.

10. willbierfarms

willbierfarms
    from palmyra mo

At least somebody got the joke. It made perfect sense to me but I'm a little odd anyway.

11. upspirate

upspirate

Yea I missed the neighbor part somehow when I first read it

12. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I laughed a little. I think it would look wierd offset. You can get all the stuff from winters. I got axle tubes with new bells on them as mine were bent, supposedly. Anyway its all pretty reasonable from winters..

13. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

That neighborhood is one that I have never figured out why anyone would want to visit.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. lahti35

lahti35

Everybody knows its the place to go for the best deviled eggs and ham man!