Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My wifes xmas present 63 Falcon!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by salf100, Dec 12, 2013.

1. salf100

salf100

Her gift, my new project! Its a 63 Falcon 4 door (I know 4 doors, but she only wants more doors). Car is pretty clean and super straight. Has a 170 ci I-6 w/ 3 speed. Plans are for her to drive it until I finish my truck and then restore hers. Going fairly stock with a few upgrades like the stance, header, chrome smoothies etc. I dont know a whole lot about the birds, so any good tips, upgrades ned-to-knows are always welcome
    em ride.jpg !

anyone know if that side view mirror is stock??

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  2. crowen57

crowen57

WOW, she can drive it while waiting for it's restoration. That's the way to do it!
    There are quite a few Falcon threads that y'all can use for inspiration.
    I've got a '63 2dr that I hope to start working on soon.

3. salf100

salf100

I was hoping to find a wagon but this one is do clean I couldn't pass her up. Only weird thing is the original owner put a second gas tank in the trunk and linked the two together! She's got like 22 gals in the trunk?? Crazy. I noticed the rear shocks are coil overs too. I don't think stock. Think they were added for the xtra weight from the gas maybe.

From my teletype.

4. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Very Nice ! Drive the wheels off the thing !

5. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

sweet little ride! great present. drive it!!

6. slim's 49

slim's 49

Maybe the xtra tank was for moonshine just a thought. Jack

7. Right on, killer gift.

8. Looks like a clean little car. HRP

[​IMG]

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool ride - but, I hope that you have checked the brakes, etc and that it has seat belts. guess that it was a cross country flier to need all of that gas. or, the guy told people that he got 500 miles with one fill up.

10. nice, 4 doors will make it functional...what will it have, a 60's street machine look? looks like a nice car to start with

11. salf100

salf100

Thanks for the compliments. Was thinking skirts and maybe lakes pipes. Have the original center caps chromed on a 15" chrome wheel. She wants it pretty stock. The PO took great care of it with routine maintenance and all. The stainless is flawless. Was really surprised. Motor was rebuilt 14,000 miles ago. Drove her about 100 miles to home at 75 mph without a hiccup. Matter of fact I followed the wife while she drove our 2012 accord and she gets a blow out getting off our exit to home! Go figure.

From my teletype.