Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Mickey Thompson Cross Ram

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by vetteracer, Dec 6, 2013.

1. gtowagon

gtowagon

I would throw out a number of 1000 per application just a guess but from a commercial manufacturing point it sounds reasonable it works out to 20 per state. I think that number might be low for some applications

2. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

I've had one set up on a 56 Chevy 327 drag car with 2 660 center squirters. Then took it off and tried the shoe box edelbrock tunnel ram with same carbs. Both ran basically the same in the quarter mile High 11s. I may pay 350 for a nice one today, any more than that save it for the next guy that wants one more. Fully decked out with carbs it takes almost 2 people to lift it onto the engine, kind of heavy.

3. M224SPEED

M224SPEED
    from Missouri

Jalopy Joker,

It is important to the person that asked the question,otherwise he would be walking around wondering.
    Why ask why?
    I have noticed that some of the members on here seem to think they are the comment police, what happened to helping each other instead of trying to be so critical of our fellow man?
    I am sure I will get a lot of negative response to what I just posted ,but I think it needed to be said!!

4. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

X2..I often wonder about those commentors real lives; are they as much of an ass in person as on the forums? My answer, probably......Back to MT Cross Ram..

5. tomcurnow

tomcurnow
    from Los Angles

I worked for M/T when the cross rams were develped and sold. I would guess that we sold maybe 50 a month of them total SBC.BBC, BBF and SBF. The BBF unit on this thread is probably the rarest, and I see it has the distributor extention, which makes it a good find. When we discontuned them in 1969 I sold most of what was left to Bill Smith at Speedway. I think he paid $10.00 each for them, knowing Bill he still may have some. Tell him you will double his money, LOL

6. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You DON'T have to be shitty.

7. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That one is probably the only one left in existence. HUH ?

8. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Not that it isn't deserved, but the thread is over a year old.

9. mutant55

mutant55

I have had two recently that I purchased for my 55 Chevy project, one was an Edelbrock, and the other a M/T with the rounded corners, and the offset carb location, along with the crossover that another member mentioned in an earlier post. I was told that the rounded M/T was a one year only deal for 1964? I have included pictures of both of mine, not sure how many were made, but I think the rounded corner style would be the rarest, I see the square style fairly often for sale. And, I agree that the rounded style is probably the better performer out of the two overall, I guess I will find out soon!

Attached Files:

• 040.JPG
      040.JPG
      File size:
      58.2 KB
      Views:
    • 033.JPG
      033.JPG
      File size:
      59.8 KB
      Views:
    • 035.JPG
      035.JPG
      File size:
      58.5 KB
      Views:
    • 038.JPG
      038.JPG
      File size:
      54.3 KB
      Views:
    • 029.jpg
      029.jpg
      File size:
      432.8 KB
      Views:
  10. mike16

mike16
    from bisbee

Yep, I had two over the years and could not get them to run for shit. they ran wide open or nothing at all. the fuel would drop out of suspension and just trickle down the runners into the cylinder.

cool factor was 200%

11. classic gary

classic gary

a Vette with heater and radio delete? no wipers/turn signals?
    I cant help but wonder if it's a factory race car? maybe wishful thinking?
    have you "run the numbers" with the corvette clubs?
    just wondering out loud.

12. rottenleonard

rottenleonard

Were knockoffs of these made? I picked up a 55 wagon recently that had one but it has no makers marks, It is polished and I wonder if in was just a no name manufacturer or if someone smoothed it and then polished it.