Register now to get rid of these ads!

I type slow

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowbuckhr, Dec 11, 2013.

1. lowbuckhr

lowbuckhr

Is there a time limit as to how long it takes to enter a new thread here?
    I just spent 45 minutes writing about the specs of my 1930 Chevy,and every thing I wrote went blank!

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Type it into a word.doc...then cut and paste it into a thread...saves you time, let's you edit for spelling, punctuation and paragraphs...don't know if there is a time limit...

R-

3. oldolds

oldolds

You need to click the "keep me signed in " box when you sign in. You will be signed in all the time unless you turn off your device.

4. X2 for using word before and cutting and pasting for long posts

5. 54nomore

54nomore
    from illinois

It's the "remember me" box. Same thing happened to me when I first joined.

Welcome to the site.

6. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Yes, the "remember me" helps.

Or, type away, & before you hit send, left-click, hi-light, & right-click & copy. then if it disappears, just right-click & paste. & it's there. Learned the hard way. Any forum I post on , this gets done now.

FWIW.

Marcus...

7. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

Or you can just post as you write. After you have posted something, there is an "edit" button on the bottom which lets you do anything you need to fix the post, including adding new content.

8. metal man

metal man

Ha, I've been here for eight years and I just found out yesterday what the "remember me" box is for. The same thing used to happen to me before I got quicker at typing.

9. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I hear ya about the slow typing lowbuck! The whole quick brown fox deal didn't help me much either! Two fingers and the occasional thumb can only move so fast! WELCOME and ENJOY!

10. I type slow and have had that happen, too so I took a chance a couple years ago and ordered the Dragon (speech recognition) software that you're seeing advertised on TV now, it helped me and I still do the long ones in Word and cut and paste. Takes a little while to get the program dialed in but it does work.

11. 1955IHC

1955IHC

Smart phones computers etc come with that now

Sent via Illinois Bell Telephone Company's Car Radiotelephone

12. It's happen to all of us at one time or another. HRP

13. fleet-master

fleet-master

Usta drive me NUTS!! Nearly put my fist throught the screen once or twice....then I read about ticking the 'remember me' box when logging in and its been happy days ever since :):D