Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***Shelbys Hot Rod Roundup HAMB 2013***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAZIN CAIN, Oct 15, 2013.

1. And my '29 A Sedan.

Attached Files:

2. Your car is definitely a contender! :) HRP

3. fordcpe

fordcpe

I think your car looks great so don't talk bad to it anymore.Darrell

4. n847

n847

Dude you got my favorite so far! If I was gonna build a full fendered hot rod I would be shooting for exactly that!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Thanks guys for the kind words. I appreciate it. It might not be the prettiest but my friends and I built it from the ground up and I drive the hell out of it!! Driving it from Louisville to Austin for the LSR in April :)

This is a great cause because we have all known someone who has thought suicide was the only answer. My brother in law thought there was no way out. Maybe if he would have just reached out to someone then he might still be here today. Mark has done an amazing job using hot rods to to spread the word about suicide awareness and it is truly his calling in life. Please spread the word to everyone you know and lets get some more sweet cars entered.

There are some beautiful rides in here and I think every one of them deserve to be a finalist. I'm just glad I don't have to make that decision. lol

6. DaveL

DaveL
    from Iowa

Here's a '34 Ford Coupe of George Poteet's. Anybody who know's George understands he is a Hot Rodder to the core. But more importantly, he has perspective in life and understands what's really important. It's an honor to just participate and to help draw attention to this cause.

Attached Files:

7. Racer29 Thanks for submitting your cars very sweet rides,tell your wife that I am Sorry for the loss of her uncle the pain of losing someone to Suicide is unthinkable.Mike Thank you so much for your kind words,you and all your club Brothers are great supporters of Shelby's Way & The Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup.What brings so much joy to my heart is seeing everyone on here being so supportive of each other...that's Fellowship and that's a great thing.

8. Dave I know you are so busy at the shop and also being on the road Thanks for posting George's new ride,I have never met Mr.Poteet but please Thank him for submitting the car for our Roundup.

9. Here is our famous V8 award! The Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup HAMB 2013 pick will receive one along with plenty of other goodies.

[​IMG]

10. tkmark

tkmark
    1. 49-54 Chevy Cars

Hey RC and Carl,

I'm not going to win anything with my Fleetline but I did lose my little brother to suicide in 2001. He wasn't my son but was 17 years younger than me and it sure hurt like he was. Thanks for what you're doing and God bless you both, Mark

Attached Files:

11. Yea Mark weather you are a brother, sister, mother, father, close relative or friend, suicide affects the remaining family and friends in ways that are painful and life long lasting. Thats why its so important to me to spread the word that suicide sucks and to do everything I can to spotlight it. I was not aware just how prevelant it is in our socicity until now. But going to Friends for Survival meetings you can see just how it affects those loved ones left behind with all those unanswered questions that will never be answered. I don't want sympathy from anyone just to tell them to enjoy every second they have with those who are not right with the world and to explain to them that their decisions can and will affect others more than they can possibly comprehend. Extend a hand and lots of love for you just might make a difference.................

PS your Fleetline looks great from where I sit!!!

12. tkmark sweet Cheby Thanks for posting and I am sorry that you know the pain of someone lost by Suicide,but that's what this is all about Awareness and a simple change of mind sets.
    Stay Well my Friend

13. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Spare parts on the bed and against the wall in a bedroom. Now "that" is a true hot rodder!

14. Ok.....Here's the deal,the Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup is something we do to Bring Awareness & Prevention to Suicide based on our experience as just a normal everyday Dad & Mom,because we do not want anyone to have such a tragedy in their lives like we have.So we travel all over to different events to do the Roundup...this is for you,for everyone so we can create advocates to spread this message,I Love all you guys.
    December 15th is the deadline for entries so submit those pics,we will narrow this down to four finalist and you guys will vote for the Roundup winner.Thanks

15. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Come on before the big snow hits. Post some of those sweet HAMB rides on here. Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup won't work without some cool entries. Take your phone or have one your kids do it and snap some pics of your ride. Even if your not into the competitive stuff do it for Shelby's cause. The cars that are posted are very cool and I'm sure there are plenty more.

16. laff4tmotorsports

laff4tmotorsports
    from louisville

Hello,

I am a 29 year old Hot Rodder and attended the University of Louisville Speed Engineering School. I graduated in 2009 with an Industrial Engineering degree. Like many others on the HAMB, I have grown up a hot rodder and a drag racer.

Below are pictures of a Model A Coupe that my Dad and I built together. We built every piece of the car ourselves including the dual cowl steering setup (which you can't see in the pictures, but is mounted under the cowl). We built a cantilevered shock setup for the rear and the front is a more traditional transverse leaf setup.

Thanks and keep up the great work that you do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Door Panel​
    [​IMG]

17. Laf4tmotorsports Thanks for entering the Roundup,when we are out at different events sharing our message and selling shirts I have seen your car but never met you so Thank You.Shelby would have graduated in 08 from JB Speed School,but he comes to me one day and says Pops I wanna be more hands on...3 years in,but that's ok.

18. Gentlemen the last day for entry is coming up fast Sunday the 15th,my hope is that more will enter......Hell it's free and with each car entered is a person just a little more aware.

19. 6800 views in the thread! What a great way to spread awareness

20. You are correct Mike...Thank You

21. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Amen to that.

22. fordcpe

fordcpe

Come on Guys post your cars on here.Remember its not about if your car is good enough or not. It is about bring awareness and spreading the word that suicide sucks.Darrell

23. I want to Thank everyone on here for participating in our 2nd Annual HAMB Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup and also to the over 6000 looks we have had at this tread for much needed attention.I know this is a sensitive subject,but guys the only way to make Aware and Teach folks what to look for is things like this,I don't ever want any of you guys to be affected by this,and some already have.Sunday is the 15th and the last day to enter by Monday morning all these Kool cars will be narrowed to 4 by a panel of guys just like you,the board will be able to vote for the winning Pick.

24. Here is mine...lost my father to suicide.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
  25. Good looking Hot Rod,I am sorry about your Dad and I am So Sorry that you know that pain.