Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects T/A Hybrid Frame

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Felipe Toltecatl, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Here's some pics of my chassis. The frame is a 26/27 model T with a Model A front cross member modified to fit. It's kicked up 3" in the rear and runs a late model S10 rear end with a 38" medium arch T spring from Speedway. The front axle is a 42-48 with new radius rods also from Speedway and converted to a spring over set up. I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the 6 degrees at the front axle AND keep it looking cool. The radius rod are hanging wayyy too low where they meet the frame. I really don't want to cut on anything but understand form must follow function. Any ideas anyone??
    Damn nevermind about the pics. They wouldn't upload

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. Are you trying for the 6 degrees with the wheels & tyres on with full body weight & driver weight, as that'd be my starting point to get a true ride height.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

I have an A frame and my radius rods were really low on first mockup. You just need to cut and move (within reason) so they look good but still work right. So I put the engine in, body on, with wheels and tires I was going to use. Hung my radius rod brackets on the frame where I wanted them. Measured how far up they needed to move. "117Harv" here on the hamb cut the radius rods at the factory weld, made a steel slug to fit inside the oval tube, tigged them inside and out to my specs. I've seen him do them before, I do most of my own stuff but he's got this down and it was affordable. These were Model A rods, not sure what the speedway are like or how they will take to being modified.

4. Thanks a million fellas! I guess I'm gonna have to get my motor and wheels on before hand.