Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Wheel and tire ideas?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by borderboy1971, Nov 30, 2013.

1. I'm in the designing stage of my 32 sedan still, and wondering what you all would suggest for tires and wheels. I want to keep the whole build as pre65. Personally I'm thinking chrome reverse. And I love the tall skinny bias ply black walls, but I don't know if they blend well together and fit with the timeframe (pre 65) of the build. Any ideas? Any pictures would greatly help too. And if you can, include the tire size. Also if anyone is good at photoshop, by all means go for it. I'm planning to eventually paint the car 59 Chevrolet Aztec copper (if that's the correct name).

2. Not sure why my picture didn't upload.

Attached Files:

3. You can't go wrong with the Chrome reverse wheels! Only trouble is that real reversed wheels are hard to find from what most HAMBers are saying. The ''chromeies'' on the market today seem to be dual pattern, so there's extra lug holes to look at. Your car sits really nice IMO! The height of the rear tires on it now fits well in the opening. I'm sure some '32 owners can suggest something that would look right. Bias plys with pie crust Radirs or Firestones would get my vote. Universal Tire or Coker can set you up. Universal is close to me and I was able to pick out my front runners in person.
    Cragars? They were around in the early 60's.

4. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Chrome reverse, Halibrand sprints, torq thrusts all would fit the bill. Is this close to the color? Possibilities are endless, just no Radir's. All I can think of is the bat mobile.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013

5. Chrome reverse rims and bias ply tires would look great. HRP

6. I'm hoping for more of a true copper color. Like a new shiny penny (even though we don't get new pennies up here in Canada anymore)

7. I like pie crusts, but would you go with white walls or blackwalls. And would the pie crusts be a bit out of date? I dont' care for the look of newer bias plys.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like you already know what you want. Git 'er done!

9. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Wide whites look good on full size customs, I prefer black walls on hotrods and traditional rides. But there is no right or wrong.