Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 49' ford custom fordor. No Brake Lights :/

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by askforjonny, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Ive been trying to figure out why i do not have brake lights. I have turn signals and running lights.. but, the brake lights are dead. I replaced the brake switch and still nothing. there has been some wiring replaced here and there on this rig... but I am at a loss.

Can anyone help me out.. with some of their experiences so I can just try and get these dang lights working.

thanks,
    Jonny

2. First, check to see that you have power into/out of the brake light switch. If you have that, then the problem is in the turn signal switch. You'll have two power leads into the switch; one for the turns, one from the brake light switch. If you have power from the brake switch to the turn switch (with the brakes applied), then the problem is internal to the switch. Broken wires inside the switch is not uncommon....

3. Shoeboxke

Shoeboxke

I rebuild mine to two bulbs,one turn & one brake light.

Attached Files:

4. tedster

tedster

Did you check the fuse?

5. Yes I checked the fuses under the dash and have replaced the brake light switch
    Is there a 30amp circuit breaker on the for door customs like the ol' pickups?

If so location would be awesome.

6. ICEMAN-29

ICEMAN-29
    from colo.

I had the same problem and found out that their was a white wire in the steering column that goes to the brake light switch. The brake light's are part of the turn signal switch assemble