Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy in SoCal

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ranch73, Nov 28, 2013.

1. ranch73

ranch73
    from Socal

Hey everybody my name is Ian. I've always been into hot rods and I like working on cars. My daily driver is a 1973 Ford Ranchero so I'm used to old cars. I'm only 18 so this thing is pretty old to me. I've been searching for a decent Model A project for a couple years and I had a wad of money burning a whole in my pocket so I went out and bought a '29 roadster sitting on a '32 frame. I've been told its not that and its something different but when it comes down to it I don't care what it is. I'm just gonna build what I want. I've got plates and a title now I just have to get all of that squared away and put it on non-op. I know a lot when it comes to working on cars. However these are a whole new thing. The oldest car I've ever worked on was a '64 El Camino. I'm excited to get this project going and I'm sure I'm going to be asking a lot of questions. Check out my build thread and let me know what you think. To be honest I have no clue where to start :D

2. Where in so cal are u

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. ranch73

ranch73
    from Socal

I'm in Glendale. I'm actually just up the street from H&H flatheads

4. Welcome from Modesto ca. area.

5. Bells Dodge

Bells Dodge

Welcome from Glendora. You will get a lot of help on here and a lot of ideas, but yes, build it the way you want it, and have fun!

6. ranch73

ranch73
    from Socal

Thanks guys, yeah there's so much information on here it's crazy. I'm curious how many guys are in SoCal. I'll to check out some of the car clubs around.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!