Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Old Air AC floor heat ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustytoolss, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Rustytoolss

Rustytoolss

Was thinking about a vintage air system. But the size of the Old Air AC might win. The thing I don't like about the Old Air hurricane is the lack of floor heat. No floor heat duct work/ and no floor heat control. Any ideas ? Yeah I know.. vintage air.

2. You will be happier in the long run if you go VA. But, depending on how your going to build you car. Show car are driver. Old Air has one of the nicest looking condenser mounts and associated hardware as you can find. Let's say I was doing a tri 5 I'd use VA sure fit on the inside and an Old Air perfect fit condenser set up. Very nice combo. Will cost some more in the long run. I say tri 5 because I've done more of those. Also I'm talking using a stock style radiator. This is just my opinion as I have no stock in either company.

3. maniac

maniac

I have the Old Air hurricane unit in my delivery, in the winter I just pull the duct hose off the middle a/c vent and drop it on the floor........crude, yes....but effective

4. Dave used a old air system in his 40 coupe and it lacked in keeping the tootsies warm. :rolleyes: HRP

5. I just bought an Old Air unit for my '46 pickup. There is a trap door for diverting air to the defroster, thinking about using it for combined floor heat/defrost instead.

6. Rustytoolss

Rustytoolss

Sounds like you know a lot more about this than I do. I working on a 64 dodge A100 pickup. Putting in a 29x19 2 row alum radiator.
    When it comes to the condenser VA has a 17Hx19W (feel its to large to fit well).
    VA also has a 32 ford vertical condenser 20.75Hx14W= 290.5 square inches.
    Old Air has a vertical 20.5Hx15W= 307.5 square inches...17 more sq in.
    Is there really any difference between VA's superflow condenser & Old Airs super kool condensers, as far as performance?
    I never planned to miss match AC components. If I install a VA it will be.. GEN II compact/or super AC/heat/defrost. Also a real Sanden 508 VA compressor.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013