Register now to get rid of these ads!

mopar aftermarket motor mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Nov 25, 2013.

1. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I am going to be looking for some small block mopar motor mounts. They are putting a 1979 360 into a 1937 dodge truck. I have found some energy suspension mounts, but they don't look right. I have seen some from welder series, but they look like they are solid mounted. Anybody have ideas on some that are rubber mounted? Will a factory set work?

2. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There used to be a company called Ply-Do. I think they had some of this stuff. Don't know if they are still around.

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

<CITE>www.engine-swaps.com</CITE>

4. 73RR

73RR

There are plenty of oem mounts that could be used all depending on how much space you have to work with. The EarlyHemi mounts, oem and aftermarket, can also be used with a little fussing. Hell, make your own brackets and use the 70's pickup isolator.

5. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

It's really a mess. If you use OEM style rubber mounts, which are the best if OEM, the aftermarket replacements are usually inferior quality. If you use polyurethane, they are sucky in their own way and transmit more vibration than the OEM mounts. I always am amazed when someone proudly tell me they used poly mounts, as if it is a grand slam upgrade. I drive their car and I feel a definite increase in drivetrain vibration....I assume they have used their brain to tune all that out.

6. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I have no problem making my own, just can't picture a nice clean set. I am not building a high hp motor. I am building a nice comfortable driver. If oem would work best lets see some that you have made.

7. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got mine from chassisengineeringinc.com...(I think)

They came as a set w. the pads...

8. moparron426

moparron426

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  9. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

moparron426, lets see a set you have made. If I see a set that I like it will give me some ideas.

10. moparron426

moparron426

this is the only one I have a picture of, it's like the ones from Chassis eng.
    just a little different to fit the needs of the steering box on the 35 dodge PU i am building with a 440 in it.

[​IMG]

11. 327Eric

327Eric

12. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I like the simplicity of moparron426's. It looks like you could weld them in for whatever height you want. Down side it looks like the rubber is bad in the pic.

13. Check out the Schumacher Creative Services(engine-swaps.com)
    they have good photos of how the mounts look. They are not the
    cheapest, but they have done the engineering for you. Keep in
    mind they have kits to just about swap any Mopar engine into most
    existing Mopar chassis in the 60's thru 80's.

John

14. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

hard to see I made mine bolt to frame and use stock rubber mopar mounts on the block side work great

Attached Files:

15. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Plus one on CE!

16. Ruiner

Ruiner

If the small block mount points are the same as big block mount points I make big block pickup ('61-'71 D100) upper motor mounts, then you'd just need the stock bushings/pads from Napa and make angled lower mounts to fit your frame...if you're interested email me at [email protected] and we can talk there and I can show you some pics...

17. GTS225

GTS225

Did you get the "spool" mounts with that 360, or are they "bisquit" mounts? If they're spool, use the engine spool brackets, and fab up some "ears" that can be welded to the frame of the '37, and mount it just about anywhere you need to.

Roger

18. I cut a set of slant six mounts up for mine. I think PlyDo shut down some years ago. the owner died and some family was tying to keep it going they had good stuff

19. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry, just saw this post... our kit uses the stock rubber insulators:

[​IMG]

20. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

I bought the mounts like those pictured in post #8. Then I drilled out the rivets that held the factory frame motor mounts. Switched left for right and drilled two new holes each side, to re-mount to frame. My 331 bolted right up with the rubber biscuits.

21. 4woody

4woody

I'm a big block guy and curious. Post up a pic of your mounts please.

22. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I have looked at welderseries quite abit lately. I have thought about buying a frontend from you. I also liked the mounts.

23. Jack M

Jack M
    from Oregon

The big block is different than the small block. also the 360 is different on one side than the 273,318 and 340.

24. Ruiner

Ruiner

Here you go...they're sold bare for $50 shipped...I used to supply someone else but he couldn't meet the minimum order, so I'm selling them myself again...you can contact me at [email protected] or call (320) 267-0250...

Attached Files: