Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1951 Chevrolet 2 dr. What would you do with it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willys1, Nov 13, 2013.

1. brewsterg6

brewsterg6

Drive it as is... and I bet the paint would buff out better too.

2. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Yeah, I'm thinking that's a good plan.......We will see how / if it runs this weekend:)

3. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Yep, manual trans car...I'm with you...maybe too nice to modify too much. Maybe the next owner can.

4. hybred355

hybred355
    from Ont. CAN.

I would just drive it. Did you pick it up near Cary or Allentown Ga? Know where there is any 51's ? I need a grill and rear gravel guards. Thanks Larry

5. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

you might see it there :D

6. hybred355

hybred355
    from Ont. CAN.

So no answer on my question.re grill and gravel guards?? I live in Canada but winter in Hawkinsville GA. Larry

7. bgaro

bgaro

nobody wants to cut the roof? chop 'n' drop.

8. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Update: fresh gas, borrowed the 6 volt battery from the 35 Pontiac, cleaned the points and it runs like Swiss watch! Valve cover leaks a little, but that's minor at this point. Manual trans shifts smooth through all ranges. Moves forward and back, but no brakes yet. At least the clutch wasn't stuck. Then I spent a little time on the paint. Clay bar and buffed the right side, 20 footer now. Okay, maybe 19 feet. :D

IMG_2746.jpg

9. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Chop it, lower it , tunnel the headlights and shave it smooth . Skirts and visor would stay. Split exhaust ,T 5 and drive.

10. This is your answer...

11. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Latest update.: Rebuilt the wheel cylinders and master cylinder. Brake shoes looked good so they were cleaned and sanded. All the lines appeared good so I flushed and bled the system.....and.......It Drives like dream! May have to clean the carburetor for a perfect idle, but wow, it sure runs great. So I'm screwing around with the dash and knobs and turn the radio on and roughly 90 seconds later when the tubes warmed up, the radio came on. I tuned it to the only am station in the area and it plays like a champ. I don't think I've ever had that happen...So far so good.:)

12. I had a 52 Styleline follow me home a few years back. I planned on slamming it and putting in a big motor but my kids talked me off the ledge. I left it stock with the 3 on the tree, visor and skirts and drove it everywhere till I sold it. These cars are fun and reliable. Enjoy it any way you want. That is what it's all about.

Attached Files:

13. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Replace the 3 spd with a T5 and an open rear end. Split exhaust, maybe a Stovebolt electronic distributor, 12V conversion. Add tunes and DRIVE...