Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Rest in Peace NortonG

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speedy Canuck, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Just doesn't make any sense at all. None whatsoever. I'm so bothered it... I'm gonna miss that guy.

2. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I'm deeply saddened to hear that you were taken much too soon.. You were an awesome friend through the several forms of social media we shared and you always knew how to draw a chuckle out of me or words of encouragement that were what I needed to hear at a fitting time. I really wish we could have met before or at least shook hands.

I had the privilege of getting a PM from him out of the blue recently with some really encouraging words. That was the motivational boost I needed after making some huge decisions regarding life. I definitely want to make him proud..

RIP - Norton Grimm :( Gone too soon.

[​IMG]

3. ratster

ratster

pest in peace my friend

4. Reading Norton's words above speaks volumes for his profound insight on life at such a young age,Norton's presence will definitely be missed. :( HRP

5. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Only the good. Rod in peace.

Instagram.com/fadedlovegarage
    Instagram.com/bigbearchaseme
    Fadedlovegarage.com
    Brucesrodshop.com

6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Anyone know what happened? PM me if you'd rather.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. striper

striper

Get out and drive your cars fellas. Hug your kids. We're not here long. RIP

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Sorry to hear this Speedy. I feel bad for his loved ones and his friends alike. Good guy. Fun posts. He will be missed.

~Bro

Professionally killing posts using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!....

9. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Rest in peace brother.

10. Rest in peace Dave... Another true north hot rodder gone far too soon. Never got to meet you in person but you were truly inspirational and a motivation for many young hot rodders.

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man I was in the garage all day working and I was thinking about him. It's so sad.

I went on IG and looked through his pics and seen a pic where he tagged me and said he hopes our paths cross again, I was so bummed to see that.

12. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

This sucks. ...he was/is one of the good ones...
    RIP......see ya soon...

13. demonspeed

demonspeed

I only knew him from his posts on here, but he seemed like a great guy. Sad to hear this, sounds like he had an impact on a lot of people.

14. 117harv

117harv

^^^ this...R.I.P. Dave.

15. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

RIP Dave. Dang.

16. metal man

metal man

He obviously had a lot of friends on here and in general. I never had any contact with him, but when these threads come up I somehow feel the need to read them and try to get a feel for who the person was.

I picked up my phone and spent about 20 minutes looking at his Instagram. Clearly his friends, his girl, and hot rods/customs were very important to him. You all should take a look.

So sorry for your loss, SpeedyCanuck.

17. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

I'm sorry to hear this news.

RIP

Singlefingerspeedshop.com. Detroit

18. 562roadster

562roadster

damn...at a loss for words. RIP

19. So sad. But from the sounds of the comments, his legacy will live on.

20. shorts

shorts

Dave will be missed he was a real nice guy all ways playing Jokes i was all ways happy to see him RIP Norton

21. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Really some great things said about him. Does anybody know what happened to him? Prayers go out to his family and friends..

22. Wow, he's been a staple around here for a while, sad to hear, Godspeed brother.

23. On behalf of the family, I'd like to thank everybody above for the kind words, stories, and condolences that are being shared. I have sent a link for this thread to Dave's father, so that his family can find some comfort in the warm words above.

I also thank those who have reached out to me. He was a very close friend of mine, and this is a difficult time.

Regarding some of the inquires above, the family has requested privacy surrounding the events of Dave's passing. We all would like to instead focus on the happy memories of Dave's life. He was 29 years young.

Dave's 24 T thread can be found here: The '23 Fake T Project

The thread for his recently acquired 41 can be found here: '41 Ford Tudor Project

As many have mentioned, Dave was very active on Instagram. You can find the pictures here, which provide great insight into his life: Norton Grimm on Instagram

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  24. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

AJ, Dave's family and wonderful Girlfriend :

Driving back from St Thomas Ontario today, from my buddy's wake who we just lost as well, I couldn't help but think of the loss of your 'wing man' AJ, the loss of a very young son and all around kool guy !

Dave was a kool fella' and polite young man, who left you with the impression, this world was a little brighter because of his existance.

25 was too young to leave, however; he touched many people !

AJ, hang in there my brother and pass on my condolences to Dave's family and girlfriend....

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

26. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Just heard this. So Sorry. RIP

27. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

May have never met him in person but I concerted him a friend... RIP bro You will be missed

28. Marcy

Marcy

So sorry to hear.
    Just met you guys at Race of Gentlemen.
    My deepest condolences.

Marcy

29. Very,very sad... He was such an inspirational Hotrodder. Followed his T build,looking forward to his finishing it. He will be missed by many!

30. I've been off the computer all weekend, just heard this news and I'm just... really damn sad. My thoughts are with Dave's family and friends. I always enjoyed seeing Dave at the various swaps etc., and I was honoured when he told me he had some of my artwork hanging in his home. For a very young guy he touched a lot of lives, and he's going to be sincerely missed. RIP, my friend.