Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects How does this look.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoodprop, Nov 4, 2013.

1. hoodprop

hoodprop

What so you guys think. Got the fuel block installed. Coil mounted is next to distributor OK.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

2. captmullette

captmullette

looks o.k. to me....

3. You really want opinions ? Sorry for this but...

I wouldn't have done it that way.
    That rubber hose looks like shit with just 6" of it. 12 feet of it draped over the engine looks that much worse ( math wizards will see that's 24(shit) ) and it likes to get hard and brittle.

Did you really run out of the fuel pump, up the front, over the top, across the engine, up the fire wall and then back to all 3 carbs you just went past with that ugly ass hose?

4. I does appear the gas lines are a bit long. HRP

5. hoodprop

hoodprop

Just mocking up some different things seeing what flows and what doesn't. The line is the picture is just being use to get some ideas.

6. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

i will second that.

7. hoodprop

hoodprop

The one going to the fuel pump will be metal.

8. hoodprop

hoodprop

9. fsae0607

fsae0607

Use rubber hose very sparingly.

10. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Rubber lines are a potential fire hazard and it can look a little lazy. But there's a hundred different ways to skin a cat. Do it the way you like it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. ditch the rubber and get all the metal you can because todays fuel eats up fuel line and causes nothing but headaches.

12. fordflambe

fordflambe

Ran the rubber for several years on a 31 chevy built in 73' and one day running with my buddies, a piece under the car, connecting the fuel filter broke........it had become brittle and literally broke apart in the middle of the length (about 3 inches long)..........fortunately, the car began running crappy and I had to pull over.......quickly saw the tank draining on the ground............run hard lines where ever possible!

My lesson was learned.........fortunately, it didn't result in flambe'.

13. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

I kinda like the aircraft braided look...

:cool:

14. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Dang 31 Vicky that sounded like my dad.
    Now it sounds like me with my kids.

For sure to much rubber.
    I might think about mounting the block on the engine.
    Get some cheap brake line and play around when you get it you have a pattern to go by.

15. 54sled

54sled

I think the old school red fuel line looks best with the fuel block, just use new every couple years,so it dont get brittle on ya!

16. Diavolo

Diavolo

I'd do like the 3rd or 4th pic in post 10. Not a fan of rubber except where it connects from the frame to the engine for a little run. Even then I would make sure and use FI line with the teflon liner inside.

Hard lines are cool, banjo fittings are cool.

17. luke13

luke13

you can get rubber hoses that deal with the new crappy fuels but ya just cant beat the look of steel lines, braided steel looks good to, worth the extra little bit of effort i think.

18. clem

clem

third pic in post ten looks best to me, but then that was how I did mine, - never liked rubber fuel hoses going to a fuel block on the firewall, the different lengths look messy in my opinion.

19. I am not going to beat you up about rubber fuel lines. Instead I am going to beat you up about the coil mount. Is that coil mounted on an angle? I think vertical looks much better.
    JimSig

20. Jimv

Jimv

Makes the engine look too "Busy"!! Keep everything simple.
    JimV

21. Post # 10 -
    Move The fuel lines from the yellow Chevy to the red Chevy and now you got something to really proud of.

The yellow Chevy fuel lines are clean and simple direct and to the point. No rubber involved and the lines are in the path of air from the fan. There's no ugly fuel filter visible, just a nice fuel system. About the only thing id change it to strip the blue anodize off and polish the fitting. However he blew it on the radiator hose and worm drive clamps and plug wires.

The red Chevy nailed everything except the rubber hose from the fuel pump. I could live with the rubber between the carbs if there were no other options but I'd make it from hard lines.

Now the carbs on hoodprops engine feed from the opposite side, so the yellow Chevy style would be easy to adapt with the fuel block on either side of the engine. The red Chevy style might work better for him since its feeding from the other side. You could use copper Hvac fittings soldered together and polished to go from carb to carb.

And yea I sounded like my dad too sorry again. There a preface "sorry" and here the after.