Register now to get rid of these ads!

How to post picture, for those having problems

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by roddinron, Dec 24, 2012.

1. roddinron

roddinron

Since it's Christmas eve, I thought I'd make a gift to some of the HAMB members who are computer challenged. I'm always seeing posts by guys who say they can't post pictures. Probably the main reason for this is the the HAMB limits file size, and it's kind of tricky to resize a file, so we give up. I think we're all missing some good stuff, and a lot of cars are going unsold because of this so I thought I'd do a little tutorial. I know this isn't the only way to do it, and if anyone has a better, easier way, please feel free to add to this.
    Here's how I do it.
    First, go to photobucket.com and open a free account. There are other photo hosting sites, but I have been using photobucket for years. They offer more free space than most of us will ever use.
    [​IMG]

Then, go to "upload" and either drag and drop pictures into the box, or hit browse and browse your computer files. Make sure it says upload to library above it. You can create separate folders in the library to better organize things if you like.
    [​IMG]

The files upload pretty fast. Once they have, you can go to your library and see everything you've uploaded, like this.
    [​IMG]

Click on the picture you want to post and it will open. It doesn't matter how big the file is since it's being hosted by photobucket not the HAMB. Now look to the right of the picture where it says image links. Click on IMG code and it will say copied.
    [​IMG]

Now go to your HAMB post or album, and right click, a box will open, click paste. You'll just see the code when you do that but when you post or hit preview post, your photo should show.
    It may seem complicated, but it's really not once you get the hang of it. But don't delete the picture from the photobucket library after you post it, or it will disappear from your post. A nice thing about this method is that even if your hard drive dies, your photos are backed up and recoverable.
    Hope this helps, Merry Christmas!

2. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Thanks for thinking of this. It seems quite a few people here need help with how to post pics. I also remember struggling with it but once you figure it out it's pretty simple.

In case somebody needs to see it happening "in action", a video presentation of what you described very well above can be viewed in this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRXezQkV4w

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Don't forget to down size, so the pics won't be too big. Please.

4. 60 Belair

60 Belair

Hey Ron thanks! The first big pics I have ever posted thanks to you, Andy

5. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

6. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

hey thanks for the christmas present. this will help alot.

7. You've got it! :D That's just about the perfect size picture to post in the forums. Something around 800 x 600 pixels is big enough to see and it doesn't break the frames in the forum. About 1000 pixels wide should be the maximum.

I thought, at one time at least, that Photobucket had a maximum upload size. At least with their free accounts. I think you could upload full size image files right out of your camera, but they automatically downsized the images to store on their servers, something like 800 x 600 or 1600 x 1200.

I prefer to just downsize my own images before uploading to Photobucket. That way I know they're the size I want them and they upload a lot faster.

8. STUNNED MULLET

STUNNED MULLET
    from Fresno

9. roddinron

roddinron

I'm really glad this thread helped you guys. Like I said before, if anyone has a better way go ahead and post it. This is just how I do it.

10. Nezzy51

Nezzy51

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Test

11. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Red X only

12. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

Thanks. Can't wait to try.
    Been frustrated a long long time with this.

13. No problem. PM me if you're still having issues. :cool: