Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Holy crap what have i gotten myself into?? Bowling green bound.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enloe, Apr 12, 2012.

1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well me and the boy had a little culture tonight. We watched the 2 newest Mad Fabricators this past Saturday. When I got home this evening he told me he wanted to go down to the "Mantuary" and watch something with cars in it so I dug out The Gumball Ralley.

He loved it.

2. I hope the woman was insured. That's heartbreaking, It's like a member of the family.

3. Enloe man im sorry I missed this thread. The wagon is cool but working with the boy is cooler. My kids love cars & have started helping me a bit. I do need something the six of us can roll in. the modified omly seats 2.

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Thanks, we worked on it the other night we put another carb on it the other night. It was supposed to be a good one but when we tried to start it ad fuel started to come out of the vent tube. We decided we were done for the night as the boy had to get ready for bed.

Back at it this weekend. :):):)

5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well lets get at it again. Took off the carb today and will try to get it rebuilt this week.

Me and my son and one of my Amigos went to the finals of drag week in Bowling Green this last Friday and it was awesome.

6. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Keep at it enloe, small steps (and fixes) will eventually get you where you need to be...and that's to drive the car without any problems...

R-

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I bought an old style Edelbrock Performer intake with the Oil fill in the front. I have a 600 Holley being rebuilt right now and hopefully this weekend we will get it put on.

8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am just like Joe Dirt I keep on keeping on :)

9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

took a break and worked on my corvette today it ran for the 1st time in 25 years

10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Here are some pics:)

Attached Files:

11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

going to put the 600 Holley and Edelbrock manifold on Wed afternoon.

12. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We put a new intake Carb and valve covers on the motor. all the ignition components have been replaced. we have a miss and a backfire we couldn't find last night.

All the wiring has been traced and it is right and everything else looks good.

in the next few days we will get a tester on the car to make sure it is firing then we will do a compression test and try to eliminate cam or burnt valves.

on the plus side the motor looked cool. we were going for the old drag car found in the barn look.

Attached Files:

13. davidh73750

davidh73750

looking good

14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

15. This is such an awesome story! Thank you so much for sharing!
    As soon I get on with my 1961 nomad I'll have a tread of my own going! Thanks for your inspiration!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We keep plugging along. It has been a little slow lately both kids have sports and school obligations. It is time to get back on it though.
    :)

17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

How cool, I'm going to have to go back and catch up on all the happening since I first saw this thread. Looks like I've missed a bunch!

Posted using My Dick Tracy watch and the full custom HAMB app

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

Enloe, is that Corvette for sale?

19. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

nope that is the last thing my dad gave me before cancer took him

20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I picked up an old open element air cleaner so I could use the base for my stock breather so it would fit the Holley I also picked up a choke cable kit for the manual choke yesterday. I will take the starter off this weekend to get it rebuilt.

21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Here is a pic of the engine after I got the breather back on it.

I did not pull the starter off yet. I spent Sunday organizing the parts storage in the garage. I put up all my wheels and stuff on my new shelf. I also hung the Unocal sign which was a $10.00 piece I bought out of a junkyard.
    We also hung up pegboard so i could hang small stuff and valve covers.

I am aspiring to get my collection to look like the pics in Kiwi Kev's garage.

Attached Files:

22. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I got the starter off and rebuilt. It had to have a new drive. The man who rebuilt it said it had never been apart and the brushes were in great shape so he just charged me $10.00.

I put it back on last night I still have to wire it up and put the brace on the front.
    I also have to put the exhaust pipe back on.

23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Happy Holidays!!!

Get out of the garage and spend some quality time with Family and Friends.

Then get back to work in the garage:)

24. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Got back in the garage yesterday and actually did something to the wagon:) got the starter all buttoned up. I have to get a donut gasket today so I can hook the tailpipe up to the manifold. After that we will troubleshoot the motor.

I went to a buddies house Saturday and he gave me part of what is supposed to be a 327. it was a block crank and 7 rods and pistons.

My son put together 2 engine cradles so we could put it on one of them. I also had an old Fridgidare Refridgerator made by general motors that was sitting in the driveway that needed to be cleaned out. My daughter and I cleaned it then I put it back in the garage.

ALL IN ALL IT WAS A PRETTY GOOD DAY:)

25. Chuck Leighton

Chuck Leighton

Enloe, It looks great and I'm proud of You that after all these Years you are getting it together, The car I mean! I still don't know Who that SKINNY Guy is?? Later Chuck

26. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Thanks chuck it was good talking to you today

27. norms30a

norms30a

This is a really neat thread, neat cars and you have your dads car and your kids help, can't beat that.

28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Thanks I am really a lucky guy. I will be glad when it warms up a little so we can get out and work a little bit on it. I will also be glad when my sons basketball season is over. Thank god this weekend is the last games for a while till spring sports season starts up.

29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Hey I have a question for you guys. I have a 61 parkwood wagon 283 3 speed non air car. I need a heater core. the guy at the parts house does not have a number for it because his books don't go back that far. do any of you guys know what heater core that would take? If I can get him a number he can get it for me at cost usually.

30. Gman0046

Gman0046

Enloe, heater cores made currently are from China and are garbage. You don't want a Chinese core at any price. Call 1-877-542-8192 they will fix you up.

Gary