Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Stafford Springs Swap Meet Oct 20

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOSTONCAMARO, Oct 18, 2013.

1. big pete 13

big pete 13
    from CT

Thanks for the info guys - if anyone does have a lead on it, or if somebody knows who bought is and wants to turn some money, please let me know - that sounds like the kind of project I'm looking for right now.

F&J - The roadster sounds like it will be nice (if you are working on it), but it'll probably be out of my realistic price range...

2. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Yeah, I wish they'd outlaw that shit. It's not like anyone needs a fire to stay warm when it's sunny and mid 50s, especially when people seem to survive at other swap meets with the same weather conditions. Some of the smoke smells like they're burning 200 year old chairs. I go to a lot of swap meets, and Stafford Springs holds the record for the number of vendors who look and act like a bunch of 16 year olds whose parents left them home alone for the weekend. If I wanted to sit around a campfire and get drunk, I wouldn't have to go to a swap meet to do it; I can sit in the woods and do it for free.

I managed to find some valuable carburetors amongst the mess, along with a couple intakes, a factory hydraulic bell housing for Chevy, and some other gems. On the field at 7:00 and all done by 11:00.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  3. gas pumper

gas pumper

I drove right past there yesterday on the way to Epping for a nice small nostalgia day. Looks like I did the right thing.

4. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

While all you guys whine about needless stuff, you have to look at this meet as a gigantic treasure hunt, somebody scored a V-8 60 two carb intake with finned heads and an Eddie meyer timing cover, not me and I was there at 5am. I'm sure there were a bunch of late model hits also so you never know what shows up. Tyrods put on a good event even with the miscellaneous stuff.

5. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

True enough, Dick.....one thing that's for sure is that if you don't go, you definitely won't find anything. You also have to know what you're looking at and be able to pick a diamond out of a pile of coal.

6. HOLLYWOOD41

HOLLYWOOD41

Well said, Dick . And you know for the last 40 years we have tried to offer a meet that will work for everyone. The net has hurt us all as to available "diamonds"

Skip

7. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Like the old saying. You never know what you'll find. All it takes is 1 good score to make my day and the odds are pretty good. Found a 33 Chevy there a few years ago for a GREAT deal.

8. F&J

F&J

Found my 32 Nash convertible sedan there a few years ago, it was in the corral, so there was no smoke;)

Attached Files:

9. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

There you go two "good finds" cars no less in a row

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  10. Paul B

Paul B

Been going for years always found something, couldnt' make yesterday pasted the torch to my son and his friends. Skip how's the hemi ?

11. 100% Matt

100% Matt

As always we were in the pit area vending. We sold a lot of parts a bit of merch and our 63 Ford F100. Found so good deals on Saturday during set up as well

12. F&J

F&J

Hi Matt, did Richie bring the blue 47 chev pickup overnight, and did it sell? I couldn't go sunday to find out. Tell him we got 2 more oldies he needs to buy :)

13. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Yup, he brought it early Sunday morning, It didn't sell. Lots of lookers though. Send me a pm, what else do you have?

14. 69hurst

69hurst
    from mass

Anyone see this car for sale in the pits? Raced by Steve Ames of Pontiac fame from 1968 through 1973... VERY COOL,,,

Attached Files:

• VV.jpg
      VV.jpg
      File size:
      179.7 KB
      Views:
  15. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Yeah, I took a picture of it too.....my first thought was that it looked like it was straight off the cover of a 1969 Popular Hot Rodding.

16. Car Fox

Car Fox

Didn't make it to Stafford Springs this past Sunday because I broke my leg on Saturday raking leaves.The wife said the only way she would let me go is if I raked all the leaves DAMM I fell of the frigin tree,I wish we had more wind and rain this fall I am getting older and its getting harder to climb. Bythe sound of it I didn't miss much

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  17. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

:eek: You're supposed to wait for the leaves to fall off the tree before you rake em.

Get well soon.

18. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

That car is cool. Have you done anything with it yet?