Register now to get rid of these ads!

Duesenberg ll replicas in Baldwyn Wisconsin?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deusenberg, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Deusenberg

Deusenberg

just wondering what if anyone knows if the Duesenberg ll replicas are being made in Wisconsin as announced at the beginning of 2012?

is there really a market for 100 replicas per year as per their plans?

any idea what kind of price these things are going to sell for and if they are going to be good replicas or terrible bastertizations?

Can't find any news on this subject anywhere on the Internet.

2. F&J

F&J

[​IMG]

What is this car? I would like to know.

3. It's a Deusenford. HRP

[​IMG]

Barn Find likes this.

4. good looking car....but what a crappy platform/engine

5. F&J

F&J

Thanks HRP. That's not so bad. Yes, some won't like it, but it still looks OK to me.

6. We are going to have to wait on the owner for information about his car,,I seriously doubt his is based on the E-350 platform.

I believe the cars he was referring to would look more like the SJ styling of the Models built between the mid 20's to the late 30's. HRP

7. F&J

F&J

it needs a dropped axle, and also drop the rear a bit. It would look a lot sleeker. Right now the front half sort of reminds me of a Model A with 16" wires:confused:

8. i commented on the one in HRP's link. the red and black one is ok and i agree with the dropped axle and lowering the rear.
    gotta be cheaper than original.

9. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

There was already a Duesenberg II. In fact several attempts to revive the Duesenberg. The first was in the 50s, it didn't get very far. There was another in 1966, a modern version, and another modern version, Chrysler based, in the 70s. In the 90s there was a replica of the 30s Duesenberg built on a Dodge truck frame.

The latest one looks like the worst of the lot.

10. Deusenberg

Deusenberg

Sorry about not getting back to everyone ab out my car it was late and I had gone to bed.
    So here's the scoop on my car. it start life as and is titled as a 1932 ford roadster model B. It was originally built by a guy named Paul Normand in NH. He does some amazing work check out his stuff on one of my other threads. Originally he took a 1932 roadster put a 351 C in her and built a custom all steal body replicating the 1935 Duesenberg SJ. from the firewall back it matches the lines of this Duesy exactly but with the shorter wheelbase of the ford the hood is shorter than the original Duesy. I found the car in Tenesee, bought it and shipped her up to Canadad. where I did a complete body off restoration. actually the only thing I kept from the original car was the body. I started with a brand new 1932 ford rolling chassis, put a Ford 302 v8 in it, disc braked, ford 9" rear end...everything mechanical is new. also new metal floors, carpeting, ididit steering column, banjo steering wheel...lots of custom work to keep the old look. turned 4" spacers to get the wheels back out to the right place in the fenders. could only find a new front axel with the standard 4" drop, so I put the front leaf sping on upside down to get the front back up...too much to mention. but she turned out gorgeous I my opinion. everywhere I take it to I get rave reviews. it will be the closest I very come to owning a Deusy! hope that clarity's things on my car for everyone.
    But it still doesn't answer my thread question? ARE Deusy replicas still being made in Baldmyn?

11. Deusenberg

Deusenberg

there have definitely been a lot of crappy duesenberg replicas made over the years.
    I understand the comments about how to make my... I call it my "Deucenberg" dropped and more sleek. But I love the look of antiques not hot rods. So it is the perfect modern sleeper to me. And I agree about the crappy platform comment, I would never start with an E-350 platform for a project such as this.

12. Deusenberg

Deusenberg

Here are some more shots of her.

Attached Files:

Bigcheese327 likes this.
  13. Deusenberg

Deusenberg

Here is shot from the back. Go to my album to see more.

Attached Files:

14. F&J

F&J

I would think that with the steel handmade body, this car fits right in with hamb, on the "traditional styled" forum. Nice metal work skills there.

15. Deusenberg

Deusenberg

Paul's work is pretty amazing. He has been turning out a half dozen customs every year for the last thirty or forty years!

16. Deusenberg

Deusenberg

The only question I have left to answer about my car is what is this hood ornament from. I think it is an early Desoto, but I'm not sure.

Attached Files:

17. I have a brochure from the "Elite Heritage Motors Corp." in Elroy, Wisconsin. They made Duesenberg II's in the 1980's. I remember seeing one in the showroom at Rank and Son Buick in Milwaukee. I think it was based on a Lincoln chassis. They made speedster and pheaton bodys. I wonder how many they ever sold and where they are now.

18. I believe it's a early aftermarket Gem hood ornament,yours looks very simular but is more refined. HRP

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

Two different topics here, I like the black and red Ford based car, the "Duesenberg" on the E350 chassis, just doesn't do anything for me. Whatever that replica will cost just seams like a poor investment to me, I'd rather spend the money on something real. If I had a nice low milage E350 chassis I'd have a 1940 Ford COE cab on it.Bob

20. Deusenberg

Deusenberg

Thanks for the clue regarding the hood ornament I will try and do some investigating in this direction.

21. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

It could be worse i guess. It really surprises me that more people dont build and buy coach built cars. Everyone is all about money and what better way to show it. Every rapper and CEO has a Ferrari or Bentley, but could have a one of a kind. Was true classiness left behind at the great depression?

22. greenehoosier

greenehoosier

Duesenberg, your car is lovely. I like the red and black and the lines certainly flow nicely. I like the one on the E350 chassis and I am sure it is reliable and the lines are nice. If the owner is satisfied, so am I.

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the info on your car. I never paid attention to it much before thinking that it was just a deuce roadster with a really trick paint job on it. Great looking car even if it does sit a bit high by hot rod standards.

You might find info on that Duesenberg kit car in Kit Car Magazine if it's available in your area. Those outfits usually have at least a small add in the back of that magazine. As others said it seems that someone shows up with a new "classic" Deusenberg, Auburn Speedster or Mercedes 540K kit every couple of years or a rehash of an old kit that they picked up the molds from. The finished cars seem to make the owners happy for a while until they move on to the next thing on the gold chain list of things to have.

24. Deusenberg

Deusenberg

The first red and black Duesenford image posted is actually a shot of me and my son sitting in the car when we first had it delivered from Tenessee before I rebuilt it. It too was built on an original 1932 ford frame with original 32 brakes fenders running boards lights grill firewall etc. When I got it it had a 351 c in it and was a bit of a death trap to the point that I could not get it certified to put on the road in Canada. thus I decided to do a complete rebuild mechanically. I loved the body and lines too much to let it die.

25. Deusenberg

Deusenberg

My car is not a kit. It is an all steel couch built vehicle modeled after the duesenberg.
    It was built buy Paul Normhand (Norm's Auto Body) in NewHampshire. Amazing guy check out his amazing talent in this thread:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=374210

26. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I would have no problem driving or owning the one built on the van chassis,its probably not for this forum but if I had the money and being not correct for here would not stop me from getting one.

27. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Progressives in the thirties dreamed of a classless society, we have achieved this dream .