Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features '54 Chevy 3100 Worth Asking Price?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrdamien, Oct 2, 2013.

1. shadams

shadams

Yea, too much rust. Someone would have to pay me to take that one, just thinking about going through all those rust repairs again makes me sick to my stomach...good job checking here first, wish I had done that...

2. Bob Scott

Bob Scott
    from St. Louis

I paid 1200. for a 53 cab on a 54 chassis with all other sheet metal being 54. Running 235, HD 4 speed, brakes, radiator. All I was looking for was the body, bed and front sheet metal. It needs a ton of work but I enjoy body work. the rest is going to be for sale when all the sheet metal is off.

3. jrdamien

jrdamien

In the few weeks of looking almost everything I've come by has been rusted, broken, in pieces, without motors, and all of it for 3k or more.

I really thing I will have to look way out of state.

4. not that one guy

not that one guy
    from So NV

5. my50chevy

my50chevy

I would walk away from it, its way to rough with rust..would be to far into it money and time

6. A family member has one in that condition in Western MN and I bet he would take $1500 for it.

7. 68hillbilly

68hillbilly
    from KENTUCKY

TOO high in my opinion. just sold one last year with one rusty cab corner but no other rust for 3300.00. mine didn't run and drive but the mechanicals are way cheaper and easier to fix than a bad body. Save up some money and buy a good solid body. s/b able to get one for 2500-4500 good and solid, possibly running. you'll be glad you did.

8. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

I wouldn't pay anything for one that rusty. With that much rust, it's worth $300 for scrap around here so anything more than that and you're getting screwed.

9. indyjps

indyjps

I know of 2 54's sitting, one regular cab the other with the extra cab wndows, I passed on them cause they were complete but in bad shape, if they are bringing this much in shitty condition, I'll go get them