Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Speedometer cables?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by PBRmeASAP, Oct 2, 2013.

1. I'm a moron and deleted a pm from a while ago. Someone that could make a speedo cable if you give them the speedo mfg, trans, and length?
    Need 80" and to go from Edsel to Muncie.
    Anyone know where to get a universal, or hopefully someone knows who i'm talking about.

2. jkeesey

jkeesey

There's a bunch of places if you do a google search. I just used Bills Speedometer Repair in Ohio and they made me a brand new cable for a 1929 REO.

3. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't think there is is a true universal as there are so many variables. You will most likely need the female speedo coupling and the trans end Also. Just give them the length and fitting sizes and you should be In Business . Even down under we have a couple of onto it cable fabricators that can make up speedo cables from an idea, with the correct info..

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

They do make universal cables, the rod shops carry them, but you do need to know the size and type of threads on the ends.

The old catalogues also used to list length, and cable end types in the back, so if you can find an old auto part store.....
    I dont' think there's a hell of a lot of different ends....I recently was looking for a cable for a 34 Terraplane, stock speedo, with a 350 turbo trans. I used a 55 Chevy cable. Also for my 50 Ford truck...Classic gauges, 700R4, same cable, 55 Chevy! Got it at Advanced Auto for about 8$!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013

5. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

I sent the PM you can get in touch through our website

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. This is where I got my speedometer cable,fast service at a fair price. HRP

7. MARVIN CT

MARVIN CT

Speedometer Service gave me a cable the length I asked for with a T5 Mustang connector on one end and a MGTD speeedometer connector on the other. Quick turn around and a good price. I'd use them again if needed. Marvin,ct

8. studebaker46

studebaker46

this guy goes the extra mile in customer service fast right and fair tom