Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost hot rod art

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Atwater Mike, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Some years ago, there were some posters by an artist about the time Robert Williams and his wife were first popular.

One had two frames, first one is a guy and his blonde ponytail chick speeding thru a street in a dark blue '29 Highboy...mother pushing a child in a baby buggy, crossing the street...

Next frame shows the roadster in the air, losing the blonde passenger, all hell has broke loose.

The other poster was called "The saga of the Purple People Eater", apparently a story about some Calif kids that went south to Tijuana in a lavender Model A Tudor, defendered, with a '40 Ford hood-type nose on it.
    The picture is of the partially dismantled 'A' in the field next to a T.J. cantina.

Anybody know the site where I can get info on this? (I was making a 1/25 scale diorama with some model car stuff I've hoarded...Thought the artist was early Robt. Williams, but...???)

Thanks...

2. Fords-R-Us

Fords-R-Us
    from NE Iowa

It is Robert Williams--to find them type his name and White knuckle ride or flying purple people eater, and the word painting.

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Thanks, Fords! I must have tried every other combo...all I could find on Robt.'s stuff was the later 'surrealisms'...
    Must be trying to change his image.

4. Attached Files:

5. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Atwater,
    The art work you're describing(and the center image vintageauto is displaying) is called "A White Knuckle Ride For Lucky St Christopher."
    Sometimes some call it "Rod Flip?"

6. GaryC.

GaryC.

Sounds like Detroit artist, Glenn Barr.
    If it's not him he's still worth checking out!