Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Our 1965 Mile round trip to Billetproof in the A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jer11ren, Oct 7, 2013.

1. brady1929

brady1929

Very cool trip

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a great road trip story. That's what it's all about, climbing into your hotrod or custom and hitting the road and having fun, seeing neat things, meeting great people and having a good time in the process. Hitting one great event and finding out about and being able to hit another one is a bonus that not every one gets either.

I'd hazard to say that if you put the couples who have had a squabble on a hot rod road trip on one side of the room and the couples who say they have never had a squabble about something on a hot rod road trip on the other side the side that says they didn't squabble at least once is going to have plenty of empty seats. The good times and the fun will almost always outweigh those moments though.

I'll be glad when one of our rigs is back together and able to hit the road for some extended road trips that are at a comfortable pace.

3. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

Man,I just read this entire thread,what a great trip,sounds and looks like y'all had a blast,you are a fortunate man!!!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. squeaky32

squeaky32

it was interesting when it started raining, seeing which cars flew out of there, which cars got tarped and which ones said fuck it. haha

5. Choptop

Choptop

no worries... just wanted you to know its not a slight to Joe or his show... heck, in years past we've even managed to go to his show the day after ours when we arent tooooo beat up and dont get home too late. Definitely worth attending.

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Thanks for sharing the trip and photos, Model A's Rule !

7. jer11ren

jer11ren

Super Streak, when you make it to PHX, look us up. Not sure if your bro is into cars, but if he's not, I can give you directions to some fun cruise nights. Just this past Saturday we had to decide from 15 shows in the valley what we would do plus the weekly cruise ins are even better. Never fails, after a day at Goodguys you stop by the Scottsdale Pavilions weekly cruise in and actually see as nice of cars and hundreds of them for free! This is a great town for cars. We are planning a second project just so we can have one always ready. The wife calls them our 401Kars since it seems to be the only way we save money is "investing" in toys and she is behind me 100%! Again, thanks for the compliments. Jerry and Renee

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice thread. I wish I could stay on the road for a couple of months at a time. Your lady have a sister? Gary

9. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

looks like a great trip!

10. SlamIam

SlamIam

Thanks! Road stories like yours are some of my favorite things on the HAMB.