Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Cruise to Blue Lakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave Mc, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Sunday Oct.6th = 9 cars and couples From Minden Nevada ( Doulas Dukes ) met up with 5 Cars and Couples from Jackson Calif. vicinity ( Motherlode Cruisers ) on Hwy 88 enjoyed refreshments and went on to visit Blue Lakes Recreational area for lunch. here are some pics.

Attached Files:

2. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Lunch @ Blue Lakes pics

Attached Files:

3. kein

kein

Not familiar with that area, looks beautiful...all Cali? How long was the drive and is it mostly old school roadways and towns? I am always interested in where folks end up and I travel as much as I can so I keep places in mind. Love the picks...thanks for sharing.

4. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

KEIN The first pic was taken thru my windshield as we left Nevada , yes Old Mountain Towns in the area, the Area is just South of Lake Tahoe on the California side of the border , a Beautiful drive with Mountain Lakes and Tall Granite Mtns. Lots of pine trees ,and leaves turning yellow in the ravines , lots of springs and creeks was a great fall day .over 7,000 ft. elevation , very soon it will be under a few feet of snow I put about 110 miles on my 29 P.U. , The people from Motherlode Cruisers had a bit further to drive.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013

5. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

I love that area and used to hunt a lot of it. Always travel 88 on my way to central cal. Helped build the ski lodge at iron mt. Jack

6. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Yes , Deer Season is open up there and we saw some Hunters , mostly on ATV's with Rifle on board , did not see anyone with a Buck strapped on though

7. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Yea, I knew it was open. I used to only hike in the big granite stuff and hope to again. I always stop a few times to gaze and remember. thanks for your pics. Jack

8. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

it is under about 5 feet of Snow today