Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Don't forget Picton Airfield drags this Sat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dolmetsch, Sep 26, 2013.

1. I believe this is right here as to my best understanding.
    Picton Airfield Drags at historic Picton Airfield runs its fall race Sat the 28th.
    Races start at noon and will run till 7 oclock. In attendance will be Sietsma's early 1960 style dragster running a 331 Hemi, My 1962 \valiant engine powered FED and Moe's 389 Pontiac powered Fed. Pat's Chevy is a maybe as he hurt his old motor at Ottawa last weekend but will be there if at all possible. If you have an ancient drag car or rod bring it out.
    Last year we had just over 3000 in attendance for this just for fun race. Weather looks good. Also will be a car and a bike show as well.
    No hassle with lots of fun.. Many old time racers from the 50s and 60s are showing up to remember how it was back in the day.
    Don

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Thanks for the heads up. Was planning on attending a car show in Brighton in the morning (on the main street, at the school) so I will try to get to Picton in the afternoon.

3. Stop by and say hi. Don
    PS
    Great day! Thousands there. Lots and lots of early rods ie 32 highboy roadsters , an old Salt style roadster probably a 34 Ford I believe , 48 Plymouth coupe. Three FEDs many early altered and gassers a sprint car. Would add pics but cant any more. Also saw a really goergeous 50 Ford tudor making several passes. Met several fellow hambers. Perhaps they can take the ball and finish this

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  4. Bob W

Bob W
    from Here

It's a nice day for a little drive .........

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013

5. Bob W

Bob W
    from Here

6. Bob W

Bob W
    from Here

7. Bob W

Bob W
    from Here

8. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Ha ha nice pics it looks like you had a lot of fun. I must have gone to the wrong place, I went to the race track on Hiway 2 and all they had was motorcycle races.