Register now to get rid of these ads!

65 riv drop kit issues

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailheadjay, Sep 26, 2013.

1. nailheadjay

nailheadjay

got a drop kit from jamco..3".. before i tackle this has anyone who dropped a 65 riv run into any troubles?? innner fender clearance?? length of drive shaft?? let me know please.. just wanna get my ducks in a row before i go!!!

2. Lumpy

Lumpy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On my 63 I dropped the lower a arm in the front and that worked good for me ask Ryan about doing it the other way. I ran into tire clearance problems cus I went to big 235/70/15 once I dropped to a 215/70 I had no problems. Drive shaft length won't change but speed bumps and parking lots on a steep angle take some negotiation now.

Lumpy

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah. I had clearance issues with the backing plate and the lower control arms when I broke loose the lower ball joint. I'd suggest going in from the top.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Here's a photo of the clearance issue I had. Essentially, the backing plate interfered with the lower control arm and kept it from dropping lose.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1380311881.101871.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!